Looking for a truckmount

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
Butler sells used units. Their reconditioned units come with a 1 year warranty and I know they offer financing, at least on new units and possibly on their reconditioned units too.

Reactions: earl804

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
Did you check out their financing options? I imagine it would be hard to find financing on a used truck mount unless it's through a dealer. I don't know many people who would privately finance the sale of their equipment either.

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
There's definitely deals to be had. I bought my TM on craigslist for $600 mounted to a 99 E250. I scrapped the van for $300, so net cost was $300. I couldn't tell you if it works yet, lol. I was originally going to try and get it going myself, but I'm going to have it professionally rebuilt just to be safe. That will run between $3k - $5k from a local company depending on whether any critical components need replaced vs rebuilt. But I get a like-new TM for under $5k. Can't beat it.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
They pop up here every now and then just wait it out .

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
There's definitely deals to be had. I bought my TM on craigslist for $600 mounted to a 99 E250. I scrapped the van for $300, so net cost was $300. I couldn't tell you if it works yet, lol. I was originally going to try and get it going myself, but I'm going to have it professionally rebuilt just to be safe. That will run between $3k - $5k from a local company depending on whether any critical components need replaced vs rebuilt. But I get a like-new TM for under $5k. Can't beat it.
Rebuild it yourself and you will have a TM for $1500 or so and you will know everything there is to know about it.
When it breaks, you will be able to fix it quick. Just my opinion but it is what I did.

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
1996 GMC 3500 with White Magic PTO. I bought it as a backup and I never had to use it. Its been sitting for about a year. If anyone is interested I'm looking for 1200$ for the set up. 80,000 Miles on the van and 3,000 hours on the machine. PM if interested

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
Oooh, that deal is tempting but I can't get past the body style on those older vans, lol
I agree. I bought it as a back up and my prochem never broke down... I filled it with antifreeze and parked it... Van body is in good shape.. I'm sure it could use some TLC but I just don't see a need to keep it sitting here

sforsmann

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Steve Forsmann
99 buttler with less than 4k on the hobbs, even if you don't buy mine, if you are new, buy something headache free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TMF Forums mobile app

sforsmann

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Steve Forsmann
1996 GMC 3500 with White Magic PTO. I bought it as a backup and I never had to use it. Its been sitting for about a year. If anyone is interested I'm looking for 1200$ for the set up. 80,000 Miles on the van and 3,000 hours on the machine. PM if interested
Where are you?
Looking for a used tm. Has to be a newer finance able van.

Rebuild it yourself and you will have a TM for $1500 or so and you will know everything there is to know about it.
When it breaks, you will be able to fix it quick. Just my opinion but it is what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using TMF Forums mobile app

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Looking for a used tm. Has to be a newer finance able van.
My man, if you're not checking out the Pgh. Crazy List you're missing the boat . Van on there with a truck mount that has about 2000 hours for less than $7000 . Very decent looking Chevy van that is a Sears carpet cleaning van and truckmount with 4000 hours for the same price . In the last month if I had $30 grand cash I'd have so many vans and truck mounts sitting on my property Stanley Stinker would be shaking in their boots !! BTW , that would include a box truck set up for duct cleaning !! There's so much cleaning equipment for sale around here I've been walking away from stuff because the "hoarders garage " can't hold any more !! LOL !!
All the Best, Ed

Reactions: Mike Krall