Looking for a spitfire wizard/guru | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for a spitfire wizard/guru

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
Yes i bought a shitfire.. its was dirt cheap and now i know why, i pretty much have to rebuild everything.

one problem is getting parts in Australia. its near impossible.

so i want to know if i can simplify this machine a little.

The thermostat controler is broken.. the little wire bit has snapped off the brass probe. Jon Don sell new ones but dont ship to Aus. My questions is do i need this controller ? if i dont have it working will it just be maximum temp?

Also my flow meter dial is broken.. is this necessary once again Jon Don has it but wont ship to Aus

1594118021088.png

1594118266694.png

Do i need these instruments or can i just block them off ?

thanks guys

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Dultmier pressure supply has a very similar one that would work i use it on my diesel burners

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
If you aren't going to use the chemical draw system you can block it off at the venture valve at the back of the gray water box. As for the temperature controller yes you need it to control the dump solenoid.

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
Ok so found some parts in USA that are being shipped over ,

I replaced the hoses on the bottom heat exchanger that the blower and final exhaust go to.

I’m so confused I have a line coming into it from the water box and then a line going to the bypass on the unloader that leads to the waste tank...

I would have thought that the water from the box would go through the bottom heat exchanger then back up to the next heat exhchanger the big exhaust one before it goes to the line.

Am I missing something?

Goes like this.

Water in - engine block heat exchanger - water box - a line goes from water box to the bottom blower exhaust heat exchanger - that goes to bypass on unloader or waste tank.