Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
So I like using an acid as a rinse when cleaning, but it seems to be expensive compared to the powdered alkaline rinses (I use dry slurry). I was wondering if there is a product that is acidic but in powder form. I feel like the powders are cheaper. And they're easier to keep around. 1 bottle last a lot longer than the liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Magic Wand has an acid that is powdered. BTW come back and let us know when you quit using an acid rinse like the rest of us did. Because a lot of us used to. Then we found out you don't need an acid rinse you just need a really good rinse. I use Formula 90 btw.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
When running rinse through a TM it becomes a huge pain to go and shut off the chemical while pre spraying and turn it back on while cleaning. So if you just rinse the shit out of the carpet and do dry strokes, which you do anyway you'll be good.

Sent from my LG-D801 using TMF Forums mobile app

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
Scott Warrington had said that the amount of acid that comes through isn't significant enough to neutralize the prespray. I remember him saying that at some point.

And just out of curiosity, is this the belief across the entire TMF community, or just a select few?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Can you elaborate?

Some do run acid, some don't. Some never started doing it. Some stopped. I think that would be a great side by side test to see. Cleaning with acid, soft water, and a detergent rinse; which would be better.

Look at nuclean's extractifier. It's a neutral rinse detergent. A liquid, but you only need 5-7 oz per five gallon stock.