Looking at the Chem tex machines, who owns one here? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking at the Chem tex machines, who owns one here?

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I stand corrected. That tells me that your chemtex is better than an inferno of the same size.
Mine also had a water box. Chemtex honestly is always trying to make things more reliable always trying to make ot better

Reactions: aloha one

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I'm on my 5th water pump and about 10th regulator since I bought new in 2008. I'm currently running with the heat exchanger bypassed as the original one was repaired 4 times and the new one I ordered from them split after 4 months.
The new design all the problems are fixed

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I'm on my 5th water pump and about 10th regulator since I bought new in 2008. I'm currently running with the heat exchanger bypassed as the original one was repaired 4 times and the new one I ordered from them split after 4 months.
Ouch! Sounds like my first TM although I never had a problem with the heat exchange on it. I was constantly repairing or having problems of some type. Drove me nuts. I finally had enough after about 3 years and sold it for less than 1/2 what I paid for it and bought my Boxxer 421 which has actually far exceeded my expectations.

If it weren't for a couple problems I just could not for the life of me get worked out that Century Avenger 210 was an excellent performing machine. That is, when it wasn't broke down. :( It actually broke down the very first day I used it. I wished I had taken the hint and shipped that sucker back right then and there. It should never have gotten out of the factory with that problem. It was obvious they never even tested it before sending it out.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Ouch! Sounds like my first TM although I never had a problem with the heat exchange on it. I was constantly repairing or having problems of some type. Drove me nuts. I finally had enough after about 3 years and sold it for less than 1/2 what I paid for it and bought my Boxxer 421 which has actually far exceeded my expectations.

If it weren't for a couple problems I just could not for the life of me get worked out that Century Avenger 210 was an excellent performing machine. That is, when it wasn't broke down. :( It actually broke down the very first day I used it. I wished I had taken the hint and shipped that sucker back right then and there. It should never have gotten out of the factory with that problem. It was obvious they never even tested it before sending it out.
I used the Chemtex daily (when I wasn't fixing something) up until October 2015. I still have it in my old van as a back up and did use it for a little over a week a few months back.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
You liking your chemtex any better?
I used the Chemtex daily (when I wasn't fixing something) up until October 2015. I still have it in my old van as a back up and did use it for a little over a week a few months back.
I honestly love the fact that I can fix anything on my panther. Had a couple few problems but everything just seem easy to fix. I do a lot of maitanance every light thing. I mean everything. And that seems to help alot.

Attachments

Reactions: aloha one

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor

The chem tex Panthers are really reliable but anything requires maitanance. I believe with these truck mount it's has to do with the person running the machine.

Reactions: LeeRoy

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
They also changed the pump. It's the comet pump now. They said they had alot of problems with the hypro pumps

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I honestly love the fact that I can fix anything on my panther. Had a couple few problems but everything just seem easy to fix. I do a lot of maitanance every light thing. I mean everything. And that seems to help alot.
It looks exactly like mine from 2008 except mine is a 15 hp engine and the HX sits on top in the middle. I'll agree with you about them not being hard to work on, trust me I worked on mine a lot.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
It looks exactly like mine from 2008 except mine is a 15 hp engine and the HX sits on top in the middle. I'll agree with you about them not being hard to work on, trust me I worked on mine a lot.
How many hours do you have on yours?

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Does yours have a water box?
From what they say they are always trying to fix the problems. 10 years is alot of time to change and fix some of the smaller problems. They changed the pump for one. And I'm sure alot of other things have changed including making heat exchangers better. The engine will shut off if it gets to hot which saves the heat exchanger. And also a bypass on the wand is good on the heat exchangers.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Lol!! How is that amtex holding up? Heat, reliability?? Etc..
I am also interested in amtex. Just didn't want to give someone all my money and wait 8 weeks. In that 8 weeks I would have waited I paid for my panther lol

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
From what they say they are always trying to fix the problems. 10 years is alot of time to change and fix some of the smaller problems. They changed the pump for one. And I'm sure alot of other things have changed including making heat exchangers better. The engine will shut off if it gets to hot which saves the heat exchanger. And also a bypass on the wand is good on the heat exchangers.
Yes I'm sure they relocated the HX due to vibration. My water pump was always having issues which probably also caused the regulator issues.