Looking at the Chem tex machines, who owns one here?

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Tad, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Tad

Tad Banned

Mar 8, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    Any owners of the chemtex machines here? They have a good price point and I've seen some people review them and have multiple machines and would buy more when they needed. Are they as good as any? Common issues? Customer service? Who here has one? Thanks for your time.

2. Ed Cruz

Ed Cruz Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Male
    CT
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 12 / -0
    LOL Damn Tad, all you have to do is ask about which filter is the best and you woulda set off a the trifecta of sore subjects around here.

3. matt30577

Premium VIP

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    carpet cleaning, etc.
    georgia
    Ratings:
    +6,676 / 55 / -2
    Tad, do you live in the same state as chemtex?

4. mrg.mrg.

mrg.mrg. Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -0
    I've used the green one. Didn't like it. You have to get used to pulling choke and has with one hand while turning key with another. After bypass opened water would just go cold. Waste tank doesn't have a lip, and they sit seal on edge so when lid presses down it cuts the seal.

5. mrg.mrg.

mrg.mrg. Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -0
    If you're close to Dallas TX there's a guy that might sell his. It's the red one. Pretty much brand new. 13000 or 14000. Sorry I'm not sure which horsepower goes with what color. Red is better than green though

6. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP Top Poster of Month

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,215 / 82 / -0
    I have one, it has done it's job but has had too many problems to list. They are an entry level TM and I wouldn't buy another one. Customer service isn't great when you call, it's almost like you are really ruining the day of the girls that answer the phone.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Extra Life Carpet Cleaning

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Northwest Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    In one of our vans we bought a panther 18 couple years ago . Have had a lot of problems heat exchangers coil welded 3 times leaks still , sending unit burns up quick , hard to maintain steady heat , solenoids replaced , and like Jason said customers services is bad and the parts are way over priced .

• Like Like x 1
  8. MD'z Floors & More

MD'z Floors & More Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +184 / 5 / -0
    I hardly ever hear good things about chem tex TM's' I almost bought one from a guy but one of his heat exchangers were broke. And he had a few other problems that stirred me away! Glad I didn't purchase it. Hate to sound like others who get on threads about a particular brand and mention another, but if your judging them off price check out amtex; I hear complete opposite about them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,215 / 82 / -0
    Heat exchangers are a big issue with them, it's been a major problem with mine.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. onfire_02_01

onfire_02_01 Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Male
    Minnesota
    Ratings:
    +318 / 6 / -0
    Run away Tad! If you are handy with a wrench they can be an ok starter, but if you are not stay clear. I worked with a guy that had one, customers were always upset that he spent more time fiddeling in the truck than he did cleaning, the electronics are always going out on those things. If you are looking for a budget truckmount i would suggest looking at TCS truckmounts, EZ truckmounts, or steambright. Another way to go would be to buy a mytee portable with an auto fill/dump in the van with a generater. Then you can do both truckmounted and porty work with the same unit. If you are open to a used truckmount, i have one for sale; tm, waste tank, fresh water, hose reel, propane heater and underbelly tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BioSteam

BioSteam What a Joke !!!

May 20, 2014
    Male
    Master Cleaner
    Lexington
    Ratings:
    +507 / 62 / -0
    Call Nick Nellos

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Tad

Tad Banned

Mar 8, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    Thank you guys I'm very glad I asked. I will write them off.

13. rjwood

rjwood Active Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Ratings:
    +128 / 16 / -0
    I own a Panther 18 and it's been a terrific machine. Customer service has been outstanding and parts are reasonably priced.

I think some people who responded in this thread are exaggerating or lying outright. I've lurked on this forum for a number of years and researched extensively before purchasing my machine. For whatever reason there are a lot of people here with a hard-on for Chem tex. The fact is that like anyone else the employees there are simply making a living and have worked pretty hard for me whenever I've needed them to.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. vnmineo

vnmineo Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +800 / 7 / -0
    There's so many things I could say but honestly this last post has left me speechless......

15. matt30577

Premium VIP

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    carpet cleaning, etc.
    georgia
    Ratings:
    +6,676 / 55 / -2
    Before you throw out the "A" word, on which brand to choose, since we've already convinced him not to choose chemtex...consider this, the owner of amtex used to be partners with chemtex, they have a very similar heat exchanger design, they both DO NOT use water boxes (which causes overheating), they both use rubber hoses with galvanized metal (which causes rust throughout the entire system), they both use the same temperature gauge (which cannot hold up to the heat, and WILL fail) etc. etc.

My opinion, the amtex is a dressed up chemtex with a few minor modifications.

Do your research before you make a big purchase. What do I mean by research... Find out who has these truck mounts, and CALL THEM. They won't type the truth. They're too scared the manufacturer will read their feedback. Believe me, it's true.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. raw74

raw74 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    ga
    Ratings:
    +663 / 4 / -0
    Why is that? Why can't talk about certain brand? I think they should want to listen maybe they can solve their issues with the machine. People are too sensitive today.

17. raw74

raw74 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    ga
    Ratings:
    +663 / 4 / -0

18. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,215 / 82 / -0
    Mine has a water box

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. matt30577

Premium VIP

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    carpet cleaning, etc.
    georgia
    Ratings:
    +6,676 / 55 / -2
    I stand corrected. That tells me that your chemtex is better than an inferno of the same size.

20. matt30577

Premium VIP

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    carpet cleaning, etc.
    georgia
    Ratings:
    +6,676 / 55 / -2
    I worded that wrong. I'm sorry. I meant...Don't be suggesting something (amtex)might be better when it's the same setup as the one he's looking at (chemtex)