Looking at a new portable | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking at a new portable

GoldClean

Sep 19, 2015
Real Name
Ken Cantrell
Starting up want to invest in a portable as my carpet cleaning will not carry the bulk of my business, so would like a reliable portable. I have looked into the Tennant H5, Nautilius MX500 and Xact Xtract 500. The Tennant pricing is sky in comparsion to the other two, would this make the Tennant more reliable? Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
I would go with my any mytee deluxe or Limited series extractor. Lot of mytee users on the forum. If anything goes wrong, lots of members here to diagnose your problem = Saving $$$$ in the long run

GoldClean

Sep 19, 2015
Real Name
Ken Cantrell
thanks for the info! I do have another question I am wondering why Mytee is not an approved extractor by CRI standards. Not sure how that equates to production but just curious.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
thanks for the info! I do have another question I am wondering why Mytee is not an approved extractor by CRI standards. Not sure how that equates to production but just curious.
The Rug Doctor is platinum certified by the CRI so that may help you understand the legitimacy of there rating system. As they say just follow the money.

Reactions: FloorCareMD

GoldClean

Sep 19, 2015
Real Name
Ken Cantrell
LOL. I kinda got that feeling as I was looking through the rankings.

Glenn Goryl

Jun 20, 2015
Real Name
Glenn Goryl
Another option would be Cross-AmericanJaguar 8.4. Lg solution + recovery tank, strong vacuum, claims to clean up to 150'+. Possibly a TMP (truck-mount portable).

Reactions: StevenB.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I have three mytees. My favorite is my ltd 3 if you have two ppl to working to use it (heavy). If one person working alone get a 1005 DX. Those ratings really don't mean much as stated above. I use to fall for that crap to but as said above if the rug doctor products are ranked highly then it really holds no weight in my opinion

Reactions: StevenB.

GoldClean

Sep 19, 2015
Real Name
Ken Cantrell
I have three mytees. My favorite is my ltd 3 if you have two ppl to working to use it (heavy). If one person working alone get a 1005 DX. Those ratings really don't mean much as stated above. I use to fall for that crap to but as said above if the rug doctor products are ranked highly then it really holds no weight in my opinion

Thanks for the info, its funny cause some the first machines I looked into were the Mytees. Still not sure why rug docters got such high ratings.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Thanks for the info, its funny cause some the first machines I looked into were the Mytees. Still not sure why rug docters got such high ratings.
Sometimes in order to get rated the company has to pay to even get their product looked at I believe. Not positive. I assume companies don't even feel the need to do this if they have a quality product. Rug doctor doesn't so the more labels and support they can get helps them sell a low grade product. This is just my opinion and what I observe

Servicore Clean

Jan 21, 2013
Real Name
Michael Joiner
Tried Ninja ( ana: Nautilus ) and Sandia. Ninja had better stats on paper but Sandia gave better performance with smaller and lighter body. Make sure to get a unit with two 3 stage vacs (makes a difference in suction and dry times). Been running 75 and 100 ft hose and still getting 2 hr dry times. No more than 3 - 4 hr dry times with deep Steam cleaning.

Hope this helps....

Reactions: keep it clean

GoldClean

Sep 19, 2015
Real Name
Ken Cantrell
I did notice on the Mytee 1005DX that there is 20amp and 14amp draw. Just wondering, cause poppin breakers is something I am not keen on doing. Or am I not understanding this setup properly. I know most places around here are 15 amp breakers.Sorry still learning all these machines capibitities just trying to make an informed to decision before a nice purchase. Thanks in advance.

Servicore Clean

Jan 21, 2013
Real Name
Michael Joiner
I had the whole popping breakers thing when I first started with the porty and still have it happen occasionally because of the two three stage vacs. Getting to know your machine and which of the two plugs carries the heater box with vac 1 and which carries the pump with vac 2 will help tremendously. You will inevitably have a house or condo that just has weak grounds. You can work around those issues by avoiding GFI plugs if possible and switching the plug with the pump to the outlet that pops a lot and adjust the pump preasure down so it does not consume as much power. You also can turn the heater box off and just use hot water from the clients home. I always plug into the dryer outlet in the laundry room with the side that carries the heater and vac 1. I then plug the side with the pump into any outlet that is not GFI. This allows you to adjust the pump down if the breaker does pop. If it continues, then plug into the refrigerator outlet. It will not hurt unplugging the frig for a short period of time. Laundry room and refrigerator outlets are the best and will get you through the job each and every time.
Hope this helps....

Last edited: