lookie here POGS EZ pump out

Discussion in 'Portable Carpet Cleaning' started by Odin, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:40 PM.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Odin

Odin Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,189 / 45 / -0
  2. goomer

goomer Well-Known Member

Interesting.

Capture apo ridgid.JPG

Couple of concerns.............

Will it be necessary to beef up the strainer/filter?

Probably can only be run intermittently when vacs are off.

How will it react under the higher vacuum forces of a full-size porty when pump is off?

Need to install larger adapter on machine.

Would be ideal to make it possible to power it from the porty itself instead of having to run another cord...............Maybe add a pigtail for it directly from the lower amp internal circuit, and whittle a short pigtail to the pump, or even just get a dual splitter for the lower amp machine piggy.

Might be an easier way to add a APO if space is tight inside, or maybe even regardless of space.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +821 / 4 / -0
    Vacuum pressure in the tank would probably prevent that from pumping anything out and damage the pump itself. The tank on a shop vac is under positive pressure and that thing was probably designed for that. A waste tank is in under negative pressure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,845 / 83 / -0
    I made my own pump out, or should I say I assembled my own for less than 450.00 on my old box truck mount. I'll try to remember to get some pics and or a little short video next week. Works better than my 2200.00 Comet.

• Like Like x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Odin

Odin Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,189 / 45 / -0
    hey guys it's only 39 dollars that what it's about CHEAP right?

6. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,323 / 2 / -0
    Thats too much. Here you go [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Travis Teague

Travis Teague Active Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0 / -0
    I used a bilge pump for a boat in my truckmount. It works for a while until it got clogged with hair. I might try it again with a nylon sock over the filter. It was only 29 bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. goomer

goomer Well-Known Member

Ummmm..........Wow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 6 / -0
    west marine has pumps that are actually the same model as what prochem installs in their TMs.

cant remember the model name its been awhile but literally same exact pump for 1/20th of the price lol

10. JD5150

JD5150 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1,515 / 5 / -0
    We are using a 12 volt, 10 GPM, Shurflo pump for our TM. Been using the Shurflo for over 5 years and over 1500 hours with zero problems. Coming build we are changing to a better, lower amp, 12 volt, 20 GPM pump for a pump out

11. CCWorks

Premium VIP

Jan 3, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2,511 / 131 / -0
    I do not think the top demo would work in a basement.

That's 12 feet up of water psi you would need. Plus you need 50 to 100 feet of dump hose.

Also, that's clean water, not water full of fine filter clogging materials.

I never used trash pump in HWE cleaning. But I think you need to clean the fins that move water more often then a filtered pump internals.

12. Allied

Allied Life is good!
    Premium VIP

Jun 18, 2013
    Male
    CC Biz Owner
    GA
    Ratings:
    +2,779 / 10 / -0
    Which one are you going with?

13. JD5150

JD5150 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1,515 / 5 / -0
    I will let you know when I check. It is in a box stacked in a corner in my shop. My wife bought all kinds of patio furniture and stuff that is stacked in front of it. I will have to dig to get to it. We are about to install a big cement patio in our backyard. Should have the stuff out of my way to get to it by the end of the month :LOL:.

14. goomer

goomer Well-Known Member

#14 goomer, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:07 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 3:15 AM
    It might not work in a basement, but that does not necessarily matter unless it is being used on a similar basement application.
    One question is can it be tweaked to perform efficiently as an alternative to an internal porty APO?

I'm loving the idea that it can be temporarily mounted on the exterior as opposed to internally, and with no modifications to the internal wiring.

Problem is you would have to commit to either permanently installing the large thread adapter on your machine, of fashioning an adapter to test it.

At 40 bucks, I would be happy if I got a year out of one of them if they can be swapped out that easy without diving inside.

Biggest obstacle will be a compatible filtering mechanism.