Long week

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I had 5 locations to be stripped and waxed this month, all in a town 2 hours away. Decided to do them all in one week and just be done with it. Was running on power naps all week. First 2 stores were 24 hour locations, about 1750 sq ft each. I've been cleaning them for a while now but this was the first time we waxed. Customers coming in every 2 minutes wating me to grab them a beer or something was getting ridiculous. Clerk finally got mad at the first location and locked the door about an hour before he was supposed too but after that the job went twice as fast and I still managed to be done in 6 hours. Any longer and I wouldn't really make money on it. Second store it was the guy working there that held me up. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. But he's got a routine and he just has a hard time breaking from it. Layout of that store should have made it a pretty fast and easy job but every time I'd move to a new section it was "well hold on, I got to get the garbage." or "wait man let me clean and refill the coffee." Tried to explain, "Look, in 2 minutes no one is going to be able to get coffee for the rest of the night so don't worry about it, if things don't get done tonight, you aren't going to be in trouble, they kind of expect it, they know I'm here and whats going on tonight, just sit back in the office and relax." Well that didn't work and he just HAD to wipe down the counters and crossed my caution tape, 2 steps into fresh stripper (that he thought was fresh wax). Wham! That got the message across. That store took over 7 hours. The next 3 locations closed at night. All about 1500 sq feet, stripped and waxed in 4 hours each. Last one was a top coat and only took 2 hours. Left for home from there and was in my bed by 2am!

I also did 2 restroom deep cleans, 4 hours each to get them looking good. Cleaned a couple carpets, scheduled 2 more wax jobs up there (starting to charge an extra $100 for every job in that area due to travel, still booking the work up there, still struggling to get work where I live!) helped remodel a kitchen, and cleaned 6 walk off mats (8x12 footers) that hadn't been cleaned in over 10 years! By the end I was half delirious from lack of sleep but it was a pretty productive week!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I had 5 locations to be stripped and waxed this month, all in a town 2 hours away. Decided to do them all in one week and just be done with it. Was running on power naps all week. First 2 stores were 24 hour locations, about 1750 sq ft each. I've been cleaning them for a while now but this was the first time we waxed. Customers coming in every 2 minutes wating me to grab them a beer or something was getting ridiculous. Clerk finally got mad at the first location and locked the door about an hour before he was supposed too but after that the job went twice as fast and I still managed to be done in 6 hours. Any longer and I wouldn't really make money on it. Second store it was the guy working there that held me up. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. But he's got a routine and he just has a hard time breaking from it. Layout of that store should have made it a pretty fast and easy job but every time I'd move to a new section it was "well hold on, I got to get the garbage." or "wait man let me clean and refill the coffee." Tried to explain, "Look, in 2 minutes no one is going to be able to get coffee for the rest of the night so don't worry about it, if things don't get done tonight, you aren't going to be in trouble, they kind of expect it, they know I'm here and whats going on tonight, just sit back in the office and relax." Well that didn't work and he just HAD to wipe down the counters and crossed my caution tape, 2 steps into fresh stripper (that he thought was fresh wax). Wham! That got the message across. That store took over 7 hours. The next 3 locations closed at night. All about 1500 sq feet, stripped and waxed in 4 hours each. Last one was a top coat and only took 2 hours. Left for home from there and was in my bed by 2am!

I also did 2 restroom deep cleans, 4 hours each to get them looking good. Cleaned a couple carpets, scheduled 2 more wax jobs up there (starting to charge an extra $100 for every job in that area due to travel, still booking the work up there, still struggling to get work where I live!) helped remodel a kitchen, and cleaned 6 walk off mats (8x12 footers) that hadn't been cleaned in over 10 years! By the end I was half delirious from lack of sleep but it was a pretty productive week!
Bragging or feeling sorry for yourself? Which is it? Story is way too long, I lost you at power naps. Reading your posts, I feel like you want to do everything, run in many directions at very short period of time. Is it your personality or you're too exited to seize any and every opportunity? Calm down, brother, we want you around for a couple more decades. Tell us about your vacation plans

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Bragging or feeling sorry for yourself? Which is it? Story is way too long, I lost you at power naps. Reading your posts, I feel like you want to do everything, run in many directions at very short period of time. Is it your personality or you're too exited to seize any and every opportunity? Calm down, brother, we want you around for a couple more decades. Tell us about your vacation plans
Maybe a little bit of both, Lol! Felt good to get all that out of the way and get back to focusing on things closer to home. You're right though, I'm all over the place most the time, little bit of this little bit of that. Been like that my whole life.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
you strip and wax guys are definitely a different breed. i despise it.

only strip n wax ilove is saltillo
Yeah we are! I'm reaching the point though that I just don't want to deal with it most the time. Hence scheduling these out for the same week. Get it over with and don't worry about it for another year!