Live Reel Swivels

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tony Moore

Oct 14, 2016
Real Name
Tony Moore
I have a TCS Chief which I love but I can not keep a swivel on the live real. I went through 2 super swivels and another brand all stainless steel. We use propane heat at a max of 1000 psi for tile. It gets HOT so I think that may be my problem. Any suggestions on a better swivel? was also using a super swivel on the tile tool and it started leaking too. The new swivel I put on today has already locked up.

Tony Moore

Oct 14, 2016
Real Name
Tony Moore
Just ordered two 90 Degree Swivel for the Turbo Force TH-40 Tile Tool. I will let you guys know how those work. I assume they can handle the heat and pressure.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
interested to hear, thanks. We run cox reels live and recently replaced the swivels with a high temp upgraded seal but they also failed to handle propane water temps.

Tony Moore

Oct 14, 2016
Real Name
Tony Moore
Thank you Paul. I may pick up a couple of those as well. I will let you guys know how the Turbo swivels work out soon.

Oct 14, 2016
Real Name
Tony Moore
Ok guys. So far so good on the Turbo swivel. I put it on yesterday and a note to self if you want to go this way. You will need a reducer to fit the big end reduce it down to fit your solution line. I happened to have a few extra inline solution strainers and the female part of the strainer worked perfect. I did have to use a thick layer of teflon tape and tighten it really good to eliminate a slight drip. I will try to get some pics later.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
Will the hoses cook if you don’t unreal what you don’t use on job? If they stay coiled up on reel while working I mean

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The ones I use are fully rebuildable.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
mosmatic ones look nice, Im going to try and ill let you guys know how it goes on live reel.

Ive rebuilt the Cox ones but they still fail from high temps, even the high temp rebuild kit fails

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you flip flop the bottom of the reel to the top after 1 year you can get 2 years easy. Only filling a reel with what you really use helps too, overloading the reel because you can is not the best plan.