List your most effective advertising

Keeping it clean

Aug 16, 2019
Real Name
Keeping it real
That's me, Mr. boring.
Tell me....Exactly what drugs do you find Exciting?
I’d take being called boring in a heartbeat as well. Life is way better when you are sober to actually remember it. If you have to take drugs to be happy in life you are missing life. The Lord is all I need. Nothing boring about living for the One who created us. My life is full.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
this is pretty cool, that all the sudden • a thread from 2016 pops back into play ( I get a notification • “someone responded to your thread“
- and its back in play • just as I was mulling over how to pick things up • • • a lot !
I need a web site ( nope • don’t got one - leave me alone)
Need to get the phone ringing
Need to pick things up ! ! !
Ideas ? / Thoughts ? / Suggestions ?

Last edited:

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I’ve been using Homeadvisor for just about the same amount of time. I had to pay $300 per year plus the leads which ranged from $12-20. Now the leads are $30-60+! At this point it’s not really worth it for me to use them. How do you pay $29 a month?? I haven’t heard of that.
Same! They charged a lot for leads which they sent to at least 3 companies. I rarely got to speak to the customer, and when I finally did, they already booked with someone else. And most of the time, I responded fast, like a minute after getting the lead. But no answer, I assume because they were already engaged with another company. Often, when I did get an answer, the lead was annoyed because they were getting calls from other companies. Hated HomeAdvisor.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I agree with you. We increased our prices over the years and in doing so it usually weeded out the customers the customers that expect a $300 job for $60. When we started off we had to work twice as much to get paid the same. Quality is better than quantity. Those looking for the 3 rooms for $99 I’ve noticed couldn’t tell a good carpet cleaning job from a bad one. They’d rather sit with sopping wet mildew carpet then pay more for good work. No thanks!
We don't do cheap deals either. I've found Stanly Steamers website and price calculator, and we price ourselves to be in the same price range, often higher than stanly too. We charge $70 per area up to 300 ft per area, with a minimum of $150. It works very well. Sell quality, family service, not cheap pricing.