List your most effective advertising | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

List your most effective advertising

Rylan

Feb 20, 2020
Real Name
Rylan Herring
A long, long time ago I decided when someone called me with a sudden spot emergency (doggie diarrhea, kid puking, etc) I would go that day & not leave a bill. All it cost me was 15 or 20 minutes of my time on just a spot but what it gained me is priceless. They're not just a customer for life but they're now going to tell anyone and everyone that I saved their ass in a crisis. Customers for life that grow exponentially!

Also, this plan can be applied in other situations but for me it is the school band fundraiser. They do a silent auction concert every year. Individuals & business donate goods & services to be auctioned off. I always print up 5, $100 gift certificates for them. My first room charge is $100. That first room has all my charges to get there & get everything set up so I'm giving away 1 room, 5 times. Big deal, but it all works out in my favor. The only way I loose is if someone doesn't redeem the gift certificate but I still win, at least a little and the only thing I've given away is less than an hour of my time, 5 times. Here are the different scenarios:

1) One of my current customers wins the certificate. By the time they need services they really don't think about the fact that they spent money for that certificate. What they are thinking is that they get $100 of my work for free. Normally they would have gotten only the high use areas cleaned and I would have walked away with a little under $200. But now they KNOW they've got $100 of me for FREE so they do the whole house & I walk away with over $200.

2) Someone who hasn't ever used me wins the certificate. They talk to me on the phone about what they get for this FREE $100 worth of service, I explain it & they schedule the highest use room in their house. Always leave extra time in your schedule for this scenario. They will hover & watch everything I do. Look they don't know me & I'm working in their home. They want to watch over me & they want to see if I'm accomplishing anything. When they see what I can do in their worst room they are adding additional rooms by the second. I'm out the door with a new customer for life AND a few hundred dollars.

3) Someone buys it but never redems it. Worst case but at least others bid on it, others saw it & know my company supports the school band program. At least the Band Parents Association knows my company "donated" $500 to the cause. At least the Parent Teacher Association notices my company "donated" $500 to the school. That doesn't go unnoticed.

All the while that $500 "donation" puts an easy $1000 in my pocket in addition to uncounted undocumented additional customers. Anyway, seems like everybody wins!

Old fat and slow

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
My little dog. She taught me all I know. When she would pee on a area she claimed it as her territory. When I service a customer I make my own claim on them. Do a good job keep in constant contact with them. Don't let them forget about you and ask every +++++period of time if they are ready for their floors to be done again. 90 percent of the time they say yes. I become their floor guy. Last year spent about $700 on my web site . It doesn't hurt to ask them if they know anyone who may need your services. Many times they are happy to do it. The key is besides doing a great job at a fair price to be likeable. Be friendly it's easy to recommend a friendly person.

Nego8

Dec 2, 2020
sunlightfinerugcarebrooklyn.com
Real Name
Nick Lamsky
I got a cleaning business from my brother who has passed away a month ago, before I worked in a tourist agency as a manager, I`m not stupid but also I am not an entrepreneur, so I don`t really know what to do with that, there is a team of 17 people, I am thinking now how to conduct this business, how to develop it (ways of selling, marketing) and what emphasis to put in the ads, it`s the website of it Sunlight Fine Rug Care he did well, I want to continue, it is good money, so my question is what may be the best advertising for the service, what are the sources? those mentioned things
1 SEO
2 Telemarketing B 2 B
3 Facebook

or some more options?

Dave Weidlich

Nov 19, 2013
Petaluma, CA
www.advanceddry.com
Real Name
Dave Weidlich
Business Location
United States
My little dog. She taught me all I know. When she would pee on a area she claimed it as her territory. When I service a customer I make my own claim on them. Do a good job keep in constant contact with them. Don't let them forget about you and ask every +++++period of time if they are ready for their floors to be done again. 90 percent of the time they say yes. I become their floor guy. Last year spent about $700 on my web site . It doesn't hurt to ask them if they know anyone who may need your services. Many times they are happy to do it. The key is besides doing a great job at a fair price to be likeable. Be friendly it's easy to recommend a friendly person.
Agree. The best customers are the customers you already have. They're already believers. The next best are their relatives, friends and neighbors.
The worst customer is the one who chose you because you offered a cheapo coupon. The next time they need carpet cleaning they will choose another who has the cheapest coupon. Their loyalty is to the bargain, not to you.

Dave Weidlich

Nov 19, 2013
Petaluma, CA
www.advanceddry.com
Real Name
Dave Weidlich
Business Location
United States
I got a cleaning business from my brother who has passed away a month ago, before I worked in a tourist agency as a manager, I`m not stupid but also I am not an entrepreneur, so I don`t really know what to do with that, there is a team of 17 people, I am thinking now how to conduct this business, how to develop it (ways of selling, marketing) and what emphasis to put in the ads, it`s the website of it Sunlight Fine Rug Care he did well, I want to continue, it is good money, so my question is what may be the best advertising for the service, what are the sources? those mentioned things
1 SEO
2 Telemarketing B 2 B
3 Facebook

or some more options?
I would definitely start with your website and make sure you can be found when your best potential customers are searching. That's SEO. Make sure the website looks good on a smart phone as well as a desktop computer. You have a nice website. But you came up on page 2 when I searched on "rug cleaning Brooklyn NY". Try to get to page 1. You can't get to the top of p. 1 without buying Google ads, but you can get to page 1 with good SEO.
2) Make sure your Google My Business (GMB) listing is current. It's free. And it puts you near the top of the Google search page for searchers in your geographical area.
3) Use Yelp! free listing. Try to get a few reviews. Never pay Yelp!.
I haven't gotten much from Google ads or Facebook ads.

Last edited:

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
1 SEO
2 Telemarketing B 2 B
3 Facebook

or some more options?
just a suggestion but you may want to change the two videos on your website.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I know some may not want to but those who dont mind, whats your best roi to date?

Our list

1. Angie's List
2. Yelp
3. Word of mouth

would love to hear from those possibly having success with

Home advisor
Google ad words
SEO (organic search results)
EDDM
real estate newsletters etc
any other type of mailings

Some avenues work better in some markets than others I understand. Mostly want to hear from those charging higher end pricing not so much the $99 whole house guys (no offense)
4 + years later • how would you categorize your ROI ?
• • • we’re still gonna be interested in hearing how the
$ / rm strategy goes, please tell us how it works out.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
4 + years later • how would you categorize your ROI ?
• • • we’re still gonna be interested in hearing how the
$ / rm strategy goes, please tell us how it works out.
That was a bit vague in the direction of the question • the request for an update was to ACP • who offered some insight on ROI • if you or anyone else cares to share their own ROI - for adverts.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
word of mouth is very effective
My two bothers each own a cleaning company. They have never advertised, only WOM and their slam booked all time.

Reactions: John Rockwood

Xgemone123

May 15, 2021
Real Name
Adam Smith
Thanks for the topic, I found what I need

Gladysdheal

Jul 1, 2021
Real Name
April J. Chambers
This is one of the most interesting and informative thread I found in this forum. Thanks for starting it and waiting for much more.