List your most effective advertising | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

List your most effective advertising

Oct 9, 2019
Dublin
dublin-carpetcleaning.ie
Real Name
Marius
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Word Of Mouth

You can spend thousands on seo or adwords but if people dont recommend you to other people, you are fighting a losing battle. I get 75% of my work from all this grannies. I wash a rug in x area and i get calls from all her family. Be nice, care, polite. That little old lady can be the key to your new Range Rover. Grannies have great connections and if you tell an 80 years old lady that she looks 65, you are sorted!

FLGroutMan

Oct 10, 2019
Real Name
Adam Holla
Right now we crushing it with ads on FB. We are going after grout/tile cleaning first because it's just a higher value and doing upsells when we are in the house.

We have a couple different campaigns going but we are getting leads between 13-16 dollars a pop.

Our most effective ones are videos of us doing a job, so we run those a lot and then just retarget people who have watched a certain portion of the video with an image ad.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Word Of Mouth

You can spend thousands on seo or adwords but if people dont recommend you to other people, you are fighting a losing battle. I get 75% of my work from all this grannies. I wash a rug in x area and i get calls from all her family. Be nice, care, polite. That little old lady can be the key to your new Range Rover. Grannies have great connections and if you tell an 80 years old lady that she looks 65, you are sorted!
Well allrighty then.

Reactions: Spazznout

Pro Steam Carpet Care

Apr 1, 2017
Real Name
Matt Lowery
Business Location
United States
I know some may not want to but those who dont mind, whats your best roi to date?

Our list

1. Angie's List
2. Yelp
3. Word of mouth

would love to hear from those possibly having success with

Home advisor
Google ad words
SEO (organic search results)
EDDM
real estate newsletters etc
any other type of mailings

Some avenues work better in some markets than others I understand. Mostly want to hear from those charging higher end pricing not so much the $99 whole house guys (no offense)
1. Google SEO
2. Cold Calling
3. Google PPC
4. Referrals
5. Local shoppers paper

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
Forget about what you read online. There is a lot of nonsense.

The only way of getting great rankings is:

1. A great wordpress website
2. A tone of good unique articles
3. 100-300 great links (not paid)
4. & time

I make 30k per month free. No adwords. It took me 3 years to reach there

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Forget about what you read online. There is a lot of nonsense.

The only way of getting great rankings is:

1. A great wordpress website
2. A tone of good unique articles
3. 100-300 great links (not paid)
4. & time

I make 30k per month free. No adwords. It took me 3 years to reach there

Why does it have to be a Word Press Website verses another?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Focus on building your foundation on extremely high quality and mind blowing customer service. Then build with FB/SEO and layer till you are where you want to be with repeats, reviews and referrals.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yup, pretty simple. FB/SEO for new businesses. Don't listen to the SEO idiots who say, "It takes Google XYZ months" my previous SEO company literally couldn't get us onto Google for 6 months. I hired someone else, they had us on Google showing up the next day.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Yup, pretty simple. FB/SEO for new businesses. Don't listen to the SEO idiots who say, "It takes Google XYZ months" my previous SEO company literally couldn't get us onto Google for 6 months. I hired someone else, they had us on Google showing up the next day.
Who is this someone else??

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Depends on the size of the market. A medium sized city no problem, here no way in hell it's extremely competitive. Hundreds of companies doing the same thing

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Hundreds being competitive, just means it takes more time for you to get on top but I'd still slowly work on the SEO, it doesnt have to be expensive.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Hundreds being competitive, just means it takes more time for you to get on top but I'd still slowly work on the SEO, it doesnt have to be expensive.
In big markets it literally becomes a money game at the top 10. The ones who buy more expensive links usually win.

Yes you can fill up the rest of the seo pie with all the other stuff and tricks but in most monster markets it ain't gonna happen till u start shelling out the big bucks.

I have ranked in decent sized cities with the rest of the pie, and just a couple links.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In big markets it literally becomes a money game at the top 10. The ones who buy more expensive links usually win.

Yes you can fill up the rest of the seo pie with all the other stuff and tricks but in most monster markets it ain't gonna happen till u start shelling out the big bucks.

I have ranked in decent sized cities with the rest of the pie, and just a couple links.
So true. You gotta pay to play.