List your most effective advertising | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

List your most effective advertising

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
So you basically sub to the larger restoration companies?
Yes! And as time went by I dropped the companies who stunk and tried to make me look bad. I never did put up with half ass work. And then I struck gold when I was introduced to the owner of the largest restoration company in North America.(at that time). That was a game changer.

Joel A

Sep 12, 2018
Real Name
Joel Locke

None Of The Above.

When I started out on my own I knew exactly what I was going to do and how I was going to go about it. First, understand that I had little interest in just carpet cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I did it and liked it. But the kind of money that I wanted to make just wasn't there. I wanted the BIG BUCKS......Insurance claim work. Where there is No Such Thing as "How Much Do You Charge"?

I knew that most everyone who entered into this part of our field all did the same, stupid thing. They went to insurance companies and handed out there little business card, crossed their fingers and hoped they'd get a phone call. Pfffffft. To me that was just wasting valuable time. Instead what I did was market my skills to other restoration companies. I let THEM do all the time consuming foot work and costly marketing. Long story short, my strategy worked and the rest is history.
Yes! And as time went by I dropped the companies who stunk and tried to make me look bad. I never did put up with half ass work. And then I struck gold when I was introduced to the owner of the largest restoration company in North America.(at that time). That was a game changer.
Congratulations on a very smart move.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Congratulations on a very smart move.
Thank You. (y)
Of course I am retired from the industry now for over 2 years. But if you are thinking of doing what I did I say GO FOR IT!! Nothing to lose and all to gain. I can tell you this....You are 100% GUARANTEED to get nothing from it if you never try.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

MSSCleaning

Jul 31, 2018
Denver, CO
www.msscleaning.com
Real Name
Andrew Rohr
Business Location
United States
Adwords works but it's getting very expensive in my area. Requires a laser focus and creativity on which keywords and match types you use. Google Local services is good, but a lot of smaller jobs. Google My Business is free and brings a lot of traffic.

Touchpoint Pro

Jul 15, 2019
Irvine, CA
Real Name
Jesse Marcks
Business Location
United States
this was a really solid thread... good stuff! im curious about telemarketing to either your previous clients list , or using the phone in other ways to drum up extra biz. would love to hear stories on that. good or bad experiences... thanks! :)

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Reactions: smart n kleen

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
I will say this. I have been overwhelmed with what a proffestional branding has done for my business in the last 6 mos. It has supercharged our organic growth.
We did everything
New Brand image including mascot
uniforms
Bizz cards
work orders
all office materials
vans wrapped
Branded Print ads

Branding is powerful.....even if you dont plan on being big.
If you want to grow fast. Do it as soon as you can afford to.
Its NOT cheap if you want it done well.
But holy cow. Worth every penny.

Should have made the investment in the rebrand 3 years ago but I was too cheap......

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Branding is huge. If you have 2 wrapped trucks they are seen so often driving around everyday people will think theres 10 of them.

We have everything branded and still working on more. Wrapping wands, crbs, sprayers etc all goes a long way

Reactions: Spazznout

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Prolific Prints. Heres' a link to their web site https://prolificprints.com
Very nice!

Please share once you get it back.

How much are they charging to wrap vans these days on the west coast? My vans have all been right at $2900 each, and the trailer was $2500 for just the wrap installation. I used a seperate company for my design work and then another for the installation of the wraps as the design firm only does marketing and marketing design, and they were all the way in New Jersey and I am here in Ohio. The Branding design and wrap design were additional.

Here is who I used and am still using for additional advertising work. WWW.Kickcharge.com.

Not sure if you remember him but a member here whose company was called red hot, also used the same design firm.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Very nice!

How much are they charging to wrap vans these days on the west coast? My vans have all been right at $2900 each, and the trailer was $2500 for just the wrap installation. I used a seperate company for my design work and then another for the installation of the wraps as the design firm only does marketing and marketing design, and they were all the way in New Jersey and I am here in Ohio. The Branding design and wrap design were additional.

Here is who I used and am still using for additional advertising work. WWW.Kickcharge.com.

Not sure if you remember him but a member here whose company was called red hot, also used the same design firm.

Ryan Kettering of Prolific Prints is doing the wrap design but using my old logo.

A good friend of mine said he can get my van wrapped for $3,100. @Pinosan is that friend. I'll post a picture and the cost once it's done.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Very nice!

I remember Red Hot.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Mine is

Place God in front, seek his advice, acknowledge him ask for his guide and opinion. Always honor him first

Work but dont work just to work. Have passion.
Stay humble, patient.

If you cannot deliver, then do not do.

Love what you do and do it all of the time.

Thank the Lord and pray for your clients/customers

Let quality be your priority,

Set some standards and stick to it no matter what.

Your work will be your word of mouth.

Touchpoint Pro

Jul 15, 2019
Irvine, CA
Real Name
Jesse Marcks
Business Location
United States
Telemarketing Services for the Carpet & Upholstery Industry
4 ways to use the telephone for more business right now!
1.) Call your past customers.
They've already used you and hopefully they will again every year. Why wait around for them to maybecall? Reach out and say hello! If they aren't ready right then, find out when then follow up at that time. Also a great opportunity to ask for a referral!

2.) Cross Sell your services.
Your client a few months ago just got their carpets cleaned , but who knows... maybe now they need service for their furniture or tile... maybe they need their air ducts cleaned! its a great opportunity for you to reach out and say hello, see if they are ok and let them know about the other services you provide.
A great strategy to stay on their mind!

3.) Reach out to businesses and corporate clients
Property management/apartment complexes, restaurants, movie theaters, ect...with the right approach, I've seen as many as 8 new customers generated from 100 phone calls! how you space out those calls is up to you... 25 calls a week = 8 new corporate clients a month? with the right approach and attitude it's possible!

4.) Ask for Referrals and positive reviews
Hopefully your customers are happy with your service. If so, they will happy to hear from you a few days after to make sure everything is ok. This adds a level of professionalism and is a perfect time to find out who else they know that wants the gift of clean carpets! Remind them to write you a review, and send them a link where to write it!
We can do these tasks for you if you don't have the time!

We are telephone pros and cater to the carpet & Upholstery industry

Last edited by a moderator: