List your most effective advertising

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Relationships

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
PristineGreenCleaning.com
Real Name
Stuart Emm
One of my guys is extremely clever. He paid for a car wash membership at a VERY busy gas station on the corner of a major artery here in town. Every morning his team is out there washing and detailing the van... and everyone sitting in traffic gets his number off the side of it in the process, since they're stuck at a red light and have nothing better to do. The phone starts ringing before the boys have even finished drying the van. He hasn't paid for a single day of advertising beyond that.
I love that! I live in NYC so things around here are pretty tough, so much competition. I often feel I would do much better in a small town. Nonetheless, I put a lot of effort in Google SEO and have had some success. Adwords works, not great, but it works

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Steve Forsmann
i do newspaper inserts and have good luck.

the distribution rates are second to none, but, of course, not everyone gets the paper. but i figure enough people get it, that its worth it.
What are the demographics on those customers? Older and spend more on what they want done?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I've found on the first encounter with a customer, not up selling pays off. Explaining the benefits of regular cleaning or protection is essential, but not going in for the kill wins. Re-evaluating everything on the second clean approach not only builds trust, but expands referrals after they see the time and the results we put in for them. Those customers are my best form of advertising and we track referrals, so all customers who pass us along receive free rooms for every referral.

Kilara

Jul 3, 2018
USA, New York
Real Name
Hannah
Business Location
United States
Google maps with good reviews, get in the top 3 and the phone will ring

Feb 6, 2018
Real Name
Cheryl Shenave
100% web driven results. I have actually dropped home advisor, thumbtack, and yellow pages. It took us about 6 months to achieve solid search engine results...but the team we use has been extremely helpful and thoughtful on their process. We are in a community of about 75K people. We are #1 in the Maps, and #1 in organic results for just about every carpet cleaning and furniture cleaning keyword you can think of. We get about 100-150 calls each month that is tracked through out site. The rest we get from either referrals, repeat business, or from time to time a call from our facebook page. Our digital marketing guy has us literally taking up most of page 1 on google with our maps listing, website organically ranked #1 and then YouTube videos (which by the way Google owns) also taking up page 1 results. They are short 1 minute videos that we create and include our name address and phone number, as well as a link to our website. He created these AWESOME intros to all of our videos (here is a sample - Inexpensive Professional - YouTube Video Intro). At a minimum hit him up to create you 5 AWESOME YouTube Video intros that you can use. He only charges like $80, and you get 5 professional intros. It is a pretty slick deal. I have posted my guys website on the forum before and I know others on here have used him recently as well. I am sharing this with you all BECAUSE it WORKS.... Stop wasting your money on old school advertising. Get your digital game going and stick with it! Your competitors are and you may think it costs them a fortune...but it DOES NOT!. You can contact my guy directly...he knows I promote him (his name is Bill, schultz3@gmail.com). I know he can help you. I hope this helps!
Wow! awesome intro! I will pursue the recommendation. We also choose not to do the above mentioned venues. We are considering utilizing Angie's List more and we are just coming off of a scathing Yelp review. Yelp truly is the billion dollar bully. We get lots of customers from Yelp and the 1 star review was very upsetting. This woman claims she booked us but I record all of my calls and I have a call log in addition to my Tmobile records. This woman did not book with us and there is no record of her calling until the day she left us a bad review. I researched her and at the very same time she gave us the bad review she also gave another carpet cleaning company a bad review. Something is very fishy about this woman and it is a tragedy that she is able to post a lie and Yelp refuses to take it down. I'va attached the screen shot of the two reviews she posted simultaneously. cheryl www.myhoustoncarpetcleaning.com

Attachments

Feb 6, 2018
Real Name
Cheryl Shenave
1. Ranked Home page in my Main City
2. Ranked Lead Generation Sites in my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th major city
3. Tracked Organic and Map pack results on both of the above drive 90% of our NEW business.
4. Referrals
5. Repeat customers
6. Van Wrap

We do a little on Home adviser, but not a ton, and a little on Yelp. We struck out on facebook ads, but all of the above keeps us more than busy.
We have had good results with the wrap also.
www.myhoustoncarpetcleaning.com

Nov 6, 2017
Real Name
Greg Shepard
We have had good results with the wrap also.
www.myhoustoncarpetcleaning.com
Has any maid services have good results with vehicle wraps?

1. Ranked Home page in my Main City
2. Ranked Lead Generation Sites in my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th major city
3. Tracked Organic and Map pack results on both of the above drive 90% of our NEW business.
4. Referrals
5. Repeat customers
6. Van Wrap

We do a little on Home adviser, but not a ton, and a little on Yelp. We struck out on facebook ads, but all of the above keeps us more than busy.
^This mirrors our results, too.

Except Facebook advertising has been dismal failure for procuring new business. We use Facebook more for the social aspect.

Ruggeek

Aug 14, 2018
Real Name
Eric Mulroney
I know some may not want to but those who dont mind, whats your best roi to date?

Our list

1. Angie's List
2. Yelp
3. Word of mouth

would love to hear from those possibly having success with

Home advisor
Google ad words
SEO (organic search results)
EDDM
real estate newsletters etc
any other type of mailings

Some avenues work better in some markets than others I understand. Mostly want to hear from those charging higher end pricing not so much the $99 whole house guys (no offense)[/QUOTE

Google Adwords has worked great for me. Of course word of mouth

Mar 24, 2015
Sarasota and Manatee Florida
www.suncoastcommercialcleaning.com
Real Name
Joseph Coffman
Business Location
United States
Word of Mouth is always best

My current best lead generators
YP.com (best by far - highest quality leads and highest dollar leads)
Thumbtack (Better than Home Advisor and far cheaper)
Home Advisor (Low-quality leads - Mostly tire kickers, costly)

Complete waste of money (yard signs)

Increase business legitimacy
Logo T-shirts and hats (led to one job in last four years, but it was a very lucrative one)
Van wraps and trailer lettering (led to one job in the last four years, but it was also lucrative and more than paid for the wraps)

May 24, 2010
usedcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Steve Clark
Business Location
United States
100% web driven results. I have actually dropped home advisor, thumbtack, and yellow pages. It took us about 6 months to achieve solid search engine results...but the team we use has been extremely helpful and thoughtful on their process. We are in a community of about 75K people. We are #1 in the Maps, and #1 in organic results for just about every carpet cleaning and furniture cleaning keyword you can think of. We get about 100-150 calls each month that is tracked through out site. The rest we get from either referrals, repeat business, or from time to time a call from our facebook page. Our digital marketing guy has us literally taking up most of page 1 on google with our maps listing, website organically ranked #1 and then YouTube videos (which by the way Google owns) also taking up page 1 results. They are short 1 minute videos that we create and include our name address and phone number, as well as a link to our website. He created these AWESOME intros to all of our videos (here is a sample - Inexpensive Professional - YouTube Video Intro). At a minimum hit him up to create you 5 AWESOME YouTube Video intros that you can use. He only charges like $80, and you get 5 professional intros. It is a pretty slick deal. I have posted my guys website on the forum before and I know others on here have used him recently as well. I am sharing this with you all BECAUSE it WORKS.... Stop wasting your money on old school advertising. Get your digital game going and stick with it! Your competitors are and you may think it costs them a fortune...but it DOES NOT!. You can contact my guy directly...he knows I promote him (his name is Bill, schultz3@gmail.com). I know he can help you. I hope this helps!
This is awesome! I will warn against being a one-trick pony - and relying on Google search results 100% can drastically backfire, on every algorithm shift.

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Google maps with good reviews, get in the top 3 and the phone will ring
So I'm the highest rated local company on google maps for my area, 2nd only to the zerorez douches, but I'm never in top 3. Any idea how to get rated higher???

Sep 12, 2018
Real Name
Joel Locke

None Of The Above.

When I started out on my own I knew exactly what I was going to do and how I was going to go about it. First, understand that I had little interest in just carpet cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I did it and liked it. But the kind of money that I wanted to make just wasn't there. I wanted the BIG BUCKS......Insurance claim work. Where there is No Such Thing as "How Much Do You Charge"?

I knew that most everyone who entered into this part of our field all did the same, stupid thing. They went to insurance companies and handed out there little business card, crossed their fingers and hoped they'd get a phone call. Pfffffft. To me that was just wasting valuable time. Instead what I did was market my skills to other restoration companies. I let THEM do all the time consuming foot work and costly marketing. Long story short, my strategy worked and the rest is history.
So you basically sub to the larger restoration companies?