List Building

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
Do any of you use your website to gather email addresses and names to email market to? If so, do you use an incentive to get them to sign up besides the old, "sign up for my newsletters"?

Some ideas I've had for sign-up incentives:

Maybe all of the above?

Any other ideas?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
How about a free spotter? We come out do an estimate, clean then or set an appointment. Hand over the freebie. A little education. Meet and greet.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
The 'what's in it for me' has to be pretty strong. Pretty enticing.

Me, I don't sign up for anything unless I know I am getting something of value in return.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
How about a contest? Dirtiest carpet wins. Have three runners up. Three prizes. Nominate your neighbor, family, friends who need help. Desperately. They need professional help. An intervention. They can submit pictures or have you come out for an inspection. Winner receives a free clean. Losers have to pay. Lmao.

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
How about a contest? Dirtiest carpet wins. Have three runners up. Three prizes. Nominate your neighbor, family, friends who need help. Desperately. They need professional help. An intervention. They can submit pictures or have you come out for an inspection. Winner receives a free clean. Losers have to pay. Lmao.
I've been thinking about doing this as a Facebook contest.

Infamousdave

Nov 2, 2010
Minnesota
Real Name
David Watkins
Business Location
United States
The 'what's in it for me' has to be pretty strong. Pretty enticing.

Me, I don't sign up for anything unless I know I am getting something of value in return.
I agree, and what may be even harder to do is to provide them with something on an ongoing basis so they stay on your list. So many just sign up for the extra-compelling incentive that you provide and then either unsubscribe from your list or are not responsive anyway because they got what they want and don't care about your real offer.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I agree, and what may be even harder to do is to provide them with something on an ongoing basis so they stay on your list. So many just sign up for the extra-compelling incentive that you provide and then either unsubscribe from your list or are not responsive anyway because they got what they want and don't care about your real offer.
I think this where reciprocity comes into play. As long as you stay current, active and innovative with your marketing program; I think they will at the very least remember your name when it comes time to have their stuff cleaned. And best case: they become a cheerleader for you because you differentiate yourself from other businesses. Either way, I see it as a win.

They say you can't be all things to all people. But you can sure try.