Liquor Store Carpet Cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Liquor Store Carpet Cleaning

Cole21

Sep 12, 2016
Real Name
Cole Wuollet
I looked at a liquor store carpet to clean this morning and I would appreciate any suggestions. My plan is to use BioPro 10K, spiked with groutmaster, and to heavy scrub with a 175 machine and a nylon brush. Most of the spills have been there awhile and are a variety of different liquors, plus some salt lines from winter. How would you guys recommended treating the spots (there are a lot of them) and is there something I should do differently with my process? There is about 4,000 sq ft of carpet to clean, how would you price a job this size? And any extra tips of removing the salt lines off the rug? I have only cleaned a couple of rugs like that with such deep grooves and I have had a hard time removing the salt line on them. Thank you for any help.
IMG_5265.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_5266.JPG
IMG_5268.JPG
IMG_5269.JPG
IMG_5271.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I looked at a liquor store carpet to clean this morning and I would appreciate any suggestions. My plan is to use BioPro 10K, spiked with groutmaster, and to heavy scrub with a 175 machine and a nylon brush. Most of the spills have been there awhile and are a variety of different liquors, plus some salt lines from winter. How would you guys recommended treating the spots (there are a lot of them) and is there something I should do differently with my process? There is about 4,000 sq ft of carpet to clean, how would you price a job this size? And any extra tips of removing the salt lines off the rug? I have only cleaned a couple of rugs like that with such deep grooves and I have had a hard time removing the salt line on them. Thank you for any help. View attachment 84104View attachment 84105View attachment 84106View attachment 84107View attachment 84108View attachment 84109View attachment 84110
Worst mistake to have carpeting in liquor store in the first place. I shouldn't say that. When I was getting in food & hospitality , I've visited a local restaurant, there were carpet runners all over the kitchen. That's worst ever..
My suggestion for salt deposit removal would be Trax-buster by Nyco or similar product, otherwise you'll have to do a lot of rinsing. Looking at pictures, HWE followed by encap is my best bet . I'm not going to speculate on pricing not knowing what the whole process would entail. This is a good project for a new guy who wants to prove that Rob's secret products are as good as everyone is claiming to be.
As far as wheater rugs
( deep grooves ) you have to presoak it with salt remover product, otherwise you'll be frustrated. Normally, this would be 2-3 hours job and it might turn to 6-7 hours monster. Now you can figure out your price. As always, I'm asking for a feedback, otherwise we just mentioning things without learning the outcome. Your reply would be greatly appreciated, it would help a lot of guys to estimate time vested to similar projects . Learning without knowing means nothing...

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
I think you should try and tackle that salt with an acid. Just like you would urine.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
This is where I’m glad I sell matting. I’d tell them it would be cheaper to replace the matting as apposed to cleaning it. That style of matting is damn near impossible to clean at a reasonable price as compared to replacing it. It’s not a silk rug. They run about $5.50 per sq’.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have friends that own a liquor store next to one of my businesses.
Their breakage is close to zero with a carpeted store.
Should've been more clear. I got the concept, the same goes for a smaller companies selling cell phones. It's the maintenance part that I find as a common denominator for similar establishments. There is nothing wrong with a nice runners in front of the " premium " shelves. I had 0 breakage in my 2400 sqf store with ceramic tile and everything tastes better when you getting it from nice place, unless consumer is a type who opens their brown bag walking out of the door .
This is just my point of view.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The nearest ABC store has a lovely textured terrazzo-type aggregate in front and along the 'racetrack'; the only carpeting is directly in the line of fire should a bottle fall off the shelf.

Used to be, when I went in, I was starry-eyed and drooling over the 15-year-old whiskies. Now I'm always looking at the flooring, thinking "smart, look what they did there..."

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Did you see any of this on the shelf?