Lipton tea stain help with pics

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Hi guys can use some advice on tea stain from good client of mine. Apparently its lipton tea he blotted most tea out and unfortunately tried cleaning it him self using folex from home depot. How should i clean it? Only stain remover i have for coffee/tea is cheap harvard stuff. I hear alot of great things from stain magic? Little guidance please and thank you

Attachments

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Best tannin remover I've found is Bridgepoint's Coffee Stain Remover - sulfur-based, stinks horribly, but man does it get that stuff out.

With that in mind, any sulfur-based ani-tannin should be at least somewhat successful if used properly. Lacking that, you can try a peroxide or a citric acid rinse and see if that helps.

(Stain Magic is a VERY strong peroxide spotter, I'd try a one-part spotter first before going to SM)

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Thank you mama fen ill see if local janitorial has that bridgepoint product any peroxide spotters you recommend? Also i know acid rinse what is s citric acid rinse?

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I agree with mamma fen. Just make sure not to put your nose anywhere near that stuff haha

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If its a olefin, itll be easier.

Id start with a Oxidiser like stain magic or a peroxide product.
I hate the coffee stain remover, Works miracles But oh the HORRORS in odor and VOC's/gasses, its horrible, just horrible cant breathe and it must be horrible on the health, Id say Use a respirator with correct filter/cartridge

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Best tannin remover I've found is Bridgepoint's Coffee Stain Remover - sulfur-based, stinks horribly, but man does it get that stuff out.

With that in mind, any sulfur-based ani-tannin should be at least somewhat successful if used properly. Lacking that, you can try a peroxide or a citric acid rinse and see if that helps.

(Stain Magic is a VERY strong peroxide spotter, I'd try a one-part spotter first before going to SM)
Masterblend and prochem coffee stain removers any good? My local supplier doesn’t carry Bridgepoint.
I need to work on an old stain that appears to be coffee.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Masterblend makes excellent chemical. I'd try theirs in a heartbeat!

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Masterblend makes excellent chemical. I'd try theirs in a heartbeat!
Thank you.

I’ll get some. But I’ll try an oxidizer first and see if it does the trick. Would you agree? Or go straight to use Masterblends coffee stain remover?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I prefer oxidizers first; they're less expensive, less stinky, and easier to work with. If the oxidizer doesn't work, or only gets a portion of the spot out, then I switch to a reducer (in this case, sulfur).

Reactions: sbsscn