Limestone help!? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Limestone help!?

mollybellacc

Aug 8, 2017
Real Name
Anthony larson
I recently did a tile and grout job and I believe it’s limestone though I’m not positive. If have a couple of stone suppliers out here who based on the pics said it looked like limestone or possibly travertine. Anyways during cleaning I noticed that it has been sealed and the sealer was flaking off like a bad sunburn. I’m going back in a week to try and remove the sealer and possibly reseal the floor. I need advice on how to actually do that. As of now I’m thinking of using a stripper for the sealer, maybe a 175 with red pad followed by extraction with a spin we. Any advice from some of the vets would be really appreciated. Here’s some pics of the sealer coming off. Shitty pics I know.View attachment 89370

Last edited:

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I recently did a tile and grout job and I believe it’s limestone though I’m not positive. If have a couple of stone suppliers out here who based on the pics said it looked like limestone or possibly travertine. Anyways during cleaning I noticed that it has been sealed and the sealer was flaking off like a bad sunburn. I’m going back in a week to try and remove the sealer and possibly reseal the floor. I need advice on how to actually do that. As of now I’m thinking of using a stripper for the sealer, maybe a 175 with red pad followed by extraction with a spin we. Any advice from some of the vets would be really appreciated. Here’s some pics of the sealer coming off. Shitty pics I know.View attachment 89370
You will need everything from tynex stripping brush for your 175, stripper/various concoctions of stripper, black pad, razor blades and knee pads etc etc
Some methods will work in patches, where others won’t...unless you know what you’re doing can turn into a nightmare very quickly

What is the customers expectation after you removed/peeled some of the sealer?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You will need everything from tynex stripping brush for your 175, stripper/various concoctions of stripper, black pad, razor blades and knee pads etc etc
Some methods will work in patches, where others won’t...unless you know what you’re doing can turn into a nightmare very quickly

What is the customers expectation after you removed/peeled some of the sealer?
Sounds a hassle and too much trouble. Why can't he use the grout master to scrub the sealer?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
Sounds a hassle and too much trouble. Why can't he use the grout master to scrub the sealer?
He doesn’t know if it’s stone or what at this stage, and started another thread lol
He can try grout-master see stripper concoctions haha it’s worth a shot
Will it work maybe, probably not good enough, not like a tile job!!!
No one method will work 100% unfortunately
Need a multi pronged attack
Even 10% blade work is awesome fun
Even more fun if your not prepared
He needs to test the floor type and the process he’s thinking of using before jumping in and opening that can of worms
Real question is, does the customer have him on the hook to fix “the damage”

Last edited:
Reactions: PistolPete

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
This is why I preach taking the proper steps during an estimate to accurately diagnose the floor condition.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

mollybellacc

Aug 8, 2017
Real Name
Anthony larson
This is why I preach taking the proper steps during an estimate to accurately diagnose the floor condition.
This is where I dropped the ball. Was just supposed to be a cleaning on tile, no sealer or so I thought.