light tan stain in toilet

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
It's hard water build up, mine get them. There's a pumice stone thing you can buy that cuts through it. Otherwise I'd just try some strong acid...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The works toilet bowl cleaner will remove it. Apply and let soak for a minute and then scrub with a regular toilet brush. You can get the works at most grocery stores for less than $2.

entech

Jul 2, 2011
IN
Real Name
Michael Shemwell
Business Location
United States
Yep, take Todd's advice. The Works is a great acidic toilet bowl cleaner, readily available, and not pricey. I've never had much luck with those pumice stones. I have clients with some bad lines in their bowls from water that ran over time, and tried them with no luck. Of course, no cleaner will touch them either. Maybe they're just etched.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
I took some deposits out of a kitchen sink once that nothing, and I mean nothing, would touch. I used Bridgepoint's T-Rust. I let it soak for 5, then gave it a light scrub with a scotch-brite pad (wear gloves!). Amazing!

It contains ammonium hydrogen fluoride, a cousin to hydrofluoric acid, but not as dangerous.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Use an acid bowl cleaner that foams and will cling to the bowl and work for a few minutes. T-Rust works well also. Home Pro has a great little tool called the Bowl Boss that works similar to a pumice stick but has a handle. This makes it much nicer to use. https://www.hpbyd.com/order.asp

immac10

Jul 10, 2012
Real Name
Erick Bracy
In the past I've always used C.L.R. and if that just wasn't working . Go get the big gun (Muriatic acid) and apply lightly and fast and run from the fumes. It would be wise to get some air circulating in the area to get the fumes out of there as fast as possible.

Royal Man

Feb 13, 2010
Lincoln, Nebraska
Real Name
Dave Yoakum
Business Location
United States
Don't use steel wool and a much better alternative to a pumice stone is to use dry wall sanding screen. (No rock chunks)

It's also great for ceramic showers (Soap scum) and indide of ovens to remove burnt food.

Use only on ceramic or porcelin and lubricate with cleaner of your choice.

Get it at you favoriate hardware store.