Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Like to know what you feel you can live with from your distributor and why?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Faster the better, but no more than 2-3 days. Course if you're keeping good inventory you should have enough supplies to last for weeks in case of something running out. Distributors have problems sometimes too is what I've learned after managing a larger company lol.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have conflicted feelings about this. Obviously it is nice when things can show up the next day. That option is handy. At the same time, I think we are so used to instant gratification in this world that we are impatient and whiney. People arnt willing to spend any serious amount of time working on things because they are used to getting whatever they want the ever they want it. I can wait.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
I think 2 to 3 days would be the norm...Lots of time when I order from Jon Don...( if it's before noon ) it arrives next day...It's out of Chicago...Two hours West of me.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
As long as it’s within a week I don’t particularly care. If a cleaner can’t keep at least a weeks worth of chemicals on hand and order before running out they may want to re-consider being in business.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I can live with 2 or 3 days. https://shop.truckmountforums.com is usually pretty quick on their shipping. I've ordered stuff from them at almost their closing time and got it next day. I don't know how they swing that, but they've done it more than once. If it's a part sometimes it takes longer because the Earth City location doesn't stock every single part. Chems are normally 1 or 2 days to my door though and often next day. Normally though I'm not in a super big hurry to get my order.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I usually had more than enough supplies to last me a couple of weeks regardless if it were chemicals, parts, supplies, whatever. HOWEVER.....I have fallen asleep at the wheel once, or twice in my time and "thought" that I had "another gallon" only to realize I was sadly mistaking. That's when same day, or next day shipping comes in handy. Like others here, Jon Don has only let me down two times since the early 1980's. That's one hellofa track record.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
For a business owner it makes poor business since to keep excess inventory on hand. It can get damaged, stolen and cost money just having it sit on the shelf. I prefer to let the supplier handle this risk. I ordered some chemicals from jon don. Usually ship next day but they were backordered took 2 weeks. Now I am Leary of ordering from them. Tmf is usually super fast. Love that.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
I use TCS out of Fort Wayne, Indiana for most of my supplies. Usually next day delivery! I’ve also used Jon-Don, and Interlink supply and they’re 1-2 day delivery also.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Waiting a excess time only to find poorly packaged items is a major negative. 2-3 Days is nice. The internet has really changed a lot with everyone being accustomed to fast shipping these days. I hate having my TMF stuff shipped from back east being in AZ. But it is what it is.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Like to know what you feel you can live with from your distributor and why?
If you provided an option with a 0 days that's what I would mark. Despite having plenty companies in my area providing free shipping after order is satisfy, I prefer to visit every my supplier every week and just have a human interaction. Interlink, Magic Wand, Jon Don, to name a brand names are within my reach, in 30 miles radius. There is always one, which is non conforming, but in a good ways.My favorite spot is always open whenever I show up. Usually takes me only a few minutes to get there, we have some food, they fix my solution lines, I can smell and get some samples of new product. If I go there twice a week, I don't consider it as of waste of time, if I need to borrow any equipment or whole truckmount, it's done. And yes, they would ship it to me, if needed be. There is nothing more natural in business relationship than sincere personal interaction , that's just my personal opinion.
Can you beat that with a an overnight shipping?
Don't accuse me of being bored. I rarely Am, can't aford it with a 25 commercial accounts and undisclosed residential head count over 1000...and still counting

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
If you run your business like a business then 3 - 5 biz days turnaround is fine.
I keep standard chems in stock and re-order early enough to keep a minimum par level on the shelf.
Specialty items can be tricky.
Jon Don gets stuff out very fast.
Steambrite can be hit or miss.
TMF been great so far.
But, Amazon has let me down, as have others.
Communication is key if there is an issue.
I ordered a gallon of sealer and it took the distributor 2 weeks to realize they could sub with 4 qts because the 1 gal was b/o, and I had to keep contacting them for updates.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
To some degree it is what it is. Some will always have it better due to their geographic location to the supplier.

Auto order and never run out.
auto-refill-program1.jpg

https://bonnetpro.com/auto-refill-program/

I think the answer to the question also depends on who much you like/need the product.
Is it a me too chem or something you cannot live without.

Latest posts