Let's talk about Prochem Truckmounts Chemicals Tools (Now w pics/videos!)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 27, 2008
Maryland
Real Name
Jeffery Parks
Business Location
United States
Ultrapac is a good cleaner but butyl's make you cough and can give you cancer. Delime and citrus chemicals leave a ton of residue. Why can't someone come up with a product that has no phosphates, no butyl's, no citrus solvent and no other cancer causeing agents that cleans like the ones I mentioned and leave NO dang residue behind? is it really that hard with todays technology? :confused:

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
over the years I've owned a Prochem 150, Cub, Bruin, 800A, Performer and now an Apex. Started using Prochem chems, but switched to Matrix since they perform as well with less odor.

IMO great machines if your used to having custom tools handy:D

I'd be open to a Butler next time around but prefer to stick to the big name brands since they are easier to sell. A Vortex would be nice if they could make one that would fit in my garage.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Paul do you have any pictures of your old machines??

Feb 29, 2008
Lansing Michigan
Real Name
Kevin McCreary
I used ultra-pac for years and Harvard research grime release pro and grand slam all the same stuff. I just switched to Duane Oxley's Ultra TlC and I think it cleans just as good, but it rinses out better with out that horrible smell and I can breathe muck better. Oh and its about $20 a gallon less!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There are a lot of good presprays out there for sure. But Ultrapac has set a standard in the cleaning industry that many try to copy.

Anyone tried the new Prochem Ti wand with the ergonomic handle set-up??

Rob

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
I use the Ultrpac mint, people like it better than the others. The LVC got the most complaints. I have swayed several times, but keep coming back.

Here is the trick with Ultra and the smell. Apply it warm! I run the hose get everything set up and then start the machine (summer time). If your water is above 160 the fumes are noticeable. Spray it at 200 and it will run people out. Heat most definitely increases the fumes dramatically.

I do mist ahead to reactive it. As well as do an wet upstroke. I do not do dry passes except in humid conditions. So my methods are designed around that premise.

I use 20 oz of dry slurry to a jug now. The jury is still out. Use to run 10oz per mix. I ran a clear water rinse for years, detergent is faster and does clean better. I have cut back on prespray amount as well. I do know too much detergent does effect vacuum performance way too much and am worried about residue. One thing I can say about slurry is, if you spray it on some glass, it dries clear. There is no detectable film or residue to the touch. I have yet to try this with the stronger mix. I reduced the dilution in an attempt to curtail chem pump rebuilds. The theory is that a chem pump forcing less injection may last longer. The problem so far is getting it consistent at 2gph has been difficult. The higher dilution flowing @ 3.5gph was very consistent, so was my rebuilding of the chem pump. On that note so has been the wand valve rebuilds. I am convinced that who ever is supplying the rubber parts have switched to an cost effective product, IE cheap crap!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Dave try that test now with the new Slurry. We did and the results are not the same.

The old Ultrapac and the new Ultrapac are not the same. The dilution ratio is the same. Some have complained about reduced cleaning ability but with todays strong truck mounts we should be able to compensate for it. The former chemist who was with Prochem is now with Sapphire Scientific.

Aug 10, 2009
California
Real Name
Juan Carlos Lopez
Business Location
United States
i saw a video a bout mixing ultrapac and oxy plus as a boosted prespray and of you want a super boosted prespray add a citrus pro. i am going to start using it. first time using prochem

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
i saw a video a bout mixing ultrapac and oxy plus as a boosted prespray and of you want a super boosted prespray add a citrus pro. i am going to start using it. first time using prochem
Watch for a series of informative chemical videos from TMF coming soon. ;)

Oct 24, 2010
GA
Real Name
BiG Dig Whooper
Business Location
United States
Keith I agree with you. Great products. The only exception i found is that the Slurry seemed to leave a lot of sticky residue. And have you ever taken apart fittings, couplers or looked at filters or orifices after using Slurry? Serious amount of crud build up. With that being said, Prochem makes some great products. Can't kill my Prochem Performer 405. Runs as strong as it did when new. I love that Nissan engine. :AddEmoticons0423:
I sold more performer 405s than any other unit I can think of when I was in equipment sales, as far as i know all of them are probably still making the owners money.

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
I am really starting to think that the Performer was not such a good investment. The water pump went out. Thankfully Ara helped me find one for 25 bucks. In the last year I have also replaced the governor and cat heat exchanger. At just over 11,000 hours, you would thought they could have designed these parts to last. HeHe.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I sold more performer 405s than any other unit I can think of when I was in equipment sales, as far as i know all of them are probably still making the owners money.
The Performer 405 may be the best machine ever built by Prochem because of the quiet and strong Nissan engine that won't die. The only negative I can remember when I had one was the catalytic heat exchanger. I would have had a custom one replacement made for it. I also plumbed my hot water bypass that runs into the waste tank,re-routing it into my fresh water tank. That thing was beast!

Aug 18, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Tobian
I have a prochem upholstery tool. It is good for cleaning cars, boats and even sometimes stairs. But not so great on upholstery.What is up with that? I have a 405 with over 7,000 hours and it runs great. I do like my prochem stair tool 2 jets but the handle is a little long.

Brian Hanlon

Jan 8, 2013
Real Name
Brian Hanlon
Business Location
United States
Put a green glide on that upholstery tool and you will like it more than your 405

Sent from my SGH-T999 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jan 19, 2011
Ma
Real Name
Glen Morin
Business Location
United States
Rob , what do think about a Cleanco direct drive 47 $ 23,000 about w accessories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TMF Forums mobile app

Lars

Apr 8, 2011
CA
manhattanbeachcarpetcleaners.net
Real Name
Lars Crampton
Business Location
United States
How about Prochem Ultrapac. Good stuff? has it changed? I heard that it was not as good as it used to be. Anyone been using Prochem Ultrapac for a long time care to comment??
We still use this a lot, the version sold in California has a low VOC rating and still works great. It is also easy to boost when needed. We cut down the mixture less than manufacture suggested and didn't notice a difference. I do hate the twice a year prochem price hikes!

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Colorado
www.oxigreencolorado.com
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
My Prochem Legend is a Beast! constantly heat. Just doing their regular maintenance on time and keep going making money.
I use Power Burst never let me down. I used grease eraser is good but not as reliable as Power Burst. The Cost are similar 38-40 but I buy my chemicals by pails.
As Extraction, Prochem Clean Green the best complement. Only stop using it when the cleaning required an Acid rinse neutralizer.
Of course that is my humble personal opinion.

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Colorado
www.oxigreencolorado.com
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
I find most presprays work well if used properly. What I mean is if you allow dwell time, agitate and rinse well. Now Prochem Ultrapac contains butyl's and we all know that butyl's clean extremely well. The problem is they smell strong and there is evidence that it causes health problems. Now I am not sure what grease Eraser uses but if it is not butyl then it is probably delimoline. Both are great cleaners. One claims to be safer but the jury is still out on delime.
Rob, those guys at Chemeisters said they refused to add chemical and they use: no butyl, d-Limonene or other solvents of any kind. They use Phosphorus. Also they said: phosphates are safe and non-toxic to humans as cleaning agents and they have the necessary cleaning power to be the best choice for a carpet cleaning detergent builder.
Also they said we are getting contaminated ourselves with our "cloud of steam" using other products.
The other thing with grease eraser is on the fine print it said, do not mix with any booster or anything because it will affect the solution.