Let's talk about Prochem Truckmounts Chemicals Tools (Now w pics/videos!)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Prochem Truck Mounts
Originally established in 1968 as a small one-man chemical manufacturing operation, Prochem has grown, over the past 36 years, to become a worldwide leader in the cleaning industry with a dealer network that spans 22 countries.
An entrepreneurial researcher and chemist, Founder and past President Jim Roden began by developing specialty cleaning products that he personally took on the road to demonstrate to cleaning professionals across America. Prochem grew and expanded into equipment manufacturing as well. Prochem pioneered the development of slide-in truck mounted cleaning systems which began with fuel oil burning units and later evolved into the highly efficient, clean Burning, Catalytic Converter equipped machines they now produce. Interesting!

Jan 20, 2009
Ohio
Real Name
Ray
Business Location
United States
How about Prochem Ultrapac. Good stuff? has it changed? I heard that it was not as good as it used to be. Anyone been using Prochem Ultrapac for a long time care to comment??
The TI wand is unbelievable. Ultra has definitely changed over the years. I have been using it for 10 years now and I notice every time they change the product. Once they started making watered down Bridge Point products their whole product scheme changed. Even now I noticed the Fiber rinse has changed as well. Every once in a while Ill come across an older bottle and see the changes in amazement. I truely wish they would go back to the roots and make things the old fashion way. I mean seriously, 4 different types of Ultrapac? Who are you kidding?

Aug 26, 2008
Real Name
Able
Business Location
United States
I love the ultra pac lvc... Dry slurry is great at 2 cups per 5 gals for tm use... Haven't found anything that beats the Powerburst/Citrus Pro combo for the nasties..

As far as my Prochem TM I have been very satisfied!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I love the ultra pac lvc... Dry slurry is great at 2 cups per 5 gals for tm use... Haven't found anything that beats the Powerburst/Citrus Pro combo for the nasties..

As far as my Prochem TM I have been very satisfied!
Keith I agree with you. Great products. The only exception i found is that the Slurry seemed to leave a lot of sticky residue. And have you ever taken apart fittings, couplers or looked at filters or orifices after using Slurry? Serious amount of crud build up. With that being said, Prochem makes some great products. Can't kill my Prochem Performer 405. Runs as strong as it did when new. I love that Nissan engine. :AddEmoticons0423:

Apr 27, 2008
Maryland
Real Name
Jeffery Parks
Business Location
United States
The TI wand is unbelievable. Ultra has definitely changed over the years. I have been using it for 10 years now and I notice every time they change the product. Once they started making watered down Bridge Point products their whole product scheme changed. Even now I noticed the Fiber rinse has changed as well. Every once in a while Ill come across an older bottle and see the changes in amazement. I truely wish they would go back to the roots and make things the old fashion way. I mean seriously, 4 different types of Ultrapac? Who are you kidding?
I could be wrong but it seems to me that Prochem has removed some of their butyl's. Butyl's are the work horses that Prochem Ultrapac uses. Since it has less it probably cleans almost as well but it will take longer. Now when it comes to Prochem truckmounts they have really improved by a long ways. They don't dump water, have more heat and more vacuum. Way to go Prochem.

Aug 26, 2008
Real Name
Able
Business Location
United States
I could be wrong but it seems to me that Prochem has removed some of their butyl's. Butyl's are the work horses that Prochem Ultrapac uses. Since it has less it probably cleans almost as well but it will take longer. Now when it comes to Prochem truckmounts they have really improved by a long ways. They don't dump water, have more heat and more vacuum. Way to go Prochem.
And there new truck mounts have the 2.5" or 2" vac hose option, very impressive!:AddEmoticons0423:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Nice Keith. Now let's see if we can't find a picture and specs on each of the current models. Then I'll hunt the discontinued ones down. Anybody have one of these??

Blazer XL
Specifications

Engine Briggs & Stratton 18HP, 4-cycle, twin cylinder, industrial rated Vanguard Engine
Vacuum Blower Sutorbilt 3LL at 12'' HG
Water Pump CAT 3CP, 1420 RPM, 1,500 PSI
Chemical System Last Step Chemical Injection
Heating System Two-Stage Heat Exchanger
Recovery Tank 205 Litres

breezer

Jan 12, 2008
Gulf Breeze ,Florida
Real Name
Kelvin Magee
Well my prochem peak has not blown a belt in 400 hours. As I say that I will blow them out tomorrow. Overall I am pleased with its performance. I use ultrapac but have to say I found products better and alot cheaper in price. I use to use dry slurry but prefer using a rinse on most jobs now. Only use my prochem wand when I have too which is not much. As I run a rotovac 360 on most of my jobs. To me prochem cleaning products are good but over priced. You can find better elsewhere

Jan 20, 2009
Ohio
Real Name
Ray
Business Location
United States
Well my prochem peak has not blown a belt in 400 hours. As I say that I will blow them out tomorrow. Overall I am pleased with its performance. I use ultrapac but have to say I found products better and alot cheaper in price. I use to use dry slurry but prefer using a rinse on most jobs now. Only use my prochem wand when I have too which is not much. As I run a rotovac 360 on most of my jobs. To me prochem cleaning products are good but over priced. You can find better elsewhere
Prochem just raised their prices 15% also lol. We buy all our chemicals in the beginning of the year so we save a ton doing it that way.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
MATRIX GRAND SLAM SAME THING IMO BETTER PRICE.
Matrix is a great prespray. I used it last week and I was pleasantly surprised. :AddEmoticons0423:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It looks as if my old Performer 405 will take the 2.5" hose mod easily.

[/URL][/IMG]

Nice Chris.

I was using 2.5 on my Prochem performer before I went to free flow. Now I use 2.0 only. I love my old performer 405, it just won't die and runs great all the time.

Here is a weird thing. All my techs prefer the old Performer over my newer larger blower truck mounts. (Other brands) I can't figure it out. They ALL say that it cleans better and hotter than all my others. But my gauges say differently. I don't know how it is possible but they all swear it cleans better. Strange. :AddEmoticons04259:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know about the Prochem Ti wand change? About a year or two back the left the all Ti design material with a cast head. They switched the head to a stainless steel version that was held on by screws. I bought one and it took only one day to recognize the difference. Now don't get me wrong it is not a bad wand, but for 1200.00 I thought I bought an entire Ti version with the cast weld. Fortunately my dealer agreed and let me axchange it. Now in all fainess, if I didn't already have 5 of them I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference. However once you have had Brusters ice cream, Dairy Queen just ain't the same. ;)

Sep 26, 2008
Tuckerton
Real Name
Mike DePalo
I have 2 prochem 150 tm's and love them ..still running them today. cant beat the heat ,easy to work on, great job on all carpets. but would love to see another rig in action. ive only used a prochem.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone have hangers for their Prochem Tools?? I am almost finished with turning my box truck into a show truck and want to hang everything.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Who makes the best Prochem Ultrapac clone??:AddEmoticons04259:

Sep 24, 2009
tx
Real Name
moe
Business Location
United States
your saying Bridge Point makes products for prochem?