Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Flushing of your carpets depends on a lot of factors. Such as type of prespray, how dirty, how heavy you’ve put it down and the list goes on. I would suggest that at best you’d have to do at least two. And even that would depend on what your using 2 jet 4 jet etc.
Thank you this all helps.

FWIW I am using a 2 jet wand, basic stainless steel with no sight window.

I wonder if there is a cheap way to modify to include a sight window without having to buy a new wand.

Last edited:

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Thank you this all helps.

FWIW I am using a 2 jet wand, basic stainless steel with now sight window.

I wonder if there is a cheap way to modify to include a sight window without having to buy a new wand.
Yes there is! @Jim Davisson posted an excellent solution. Go to Amazon and type in this in the search. Polycarbonate Tubing, 1 7/8" ID x 2" OD x 1/16" Wall, Clear Color 48" I bought it and cut it into a 2 foot section and put it about 10" from the wand. It has made me such a better cleaner because I get instant feedback from the work I am doing.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Yes there is! @Jim Davisson posted an excellent solution. Go to Amazon and type in this in the search. Polycarbonate Tubing, 1 7/8" ID x 2" OD x 1/16" Wall, Clear Color 48" I bought it and cut it into a 2 foot section and put it about 10" from the wand. It has made me such a better cleaner because I get instant feedback from the work I am doing.
Im gonna have to check this out! Thanks for sharing, man!!

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
BTW - Any advice on cutting the wand? And, I assume once its cut it holds itself in place?

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Im gonna have to check this out! Thanks for sharing, man!!
Customers love seeing the filth go by. Makes a good conversation piece and make a great connection to the customer. If you don't want to use it anymore you just take it off and have a little shorter hose is all.

Reactions: Select

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
BTW - Any advice on cutting the wand? And, I assume once its cut it holds itself in place?
I wouldn't modify the wand. Cut your hose 10 feet from the end that attaches to the wand. Then connect the Polycorbonate tube to the two peaces of hose. The polycorboate tube is a perfect fit inside of the 2" hose. Hope this clears things up. If not, just ask and we will get there one way or another.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Flushing of your carpets depends on a lot of factors. Such as type of prespray, how dirty, how heavy you’ve put it down and the list goes on. I would suggest that at best you’d have to do at least two. And even that would depend on what your using 2 jet 4 jet etc.
Yes sir, chems play a factor the wand you use and the jets and how wet you got it.
in my old age im doing a lot more dry passes

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: J20770 and Select

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't modify the wand. Cut your hose 10 feet from the end that attaches to the wand. Then connect the Polycorbonate tube to the two peaces of hose. The polycorboate tube is a perfect fit inside of the 2" hose. Hope this clears things up. If not, just ask and we will get there one way or another.
Got it, I see. Although, 10 feet after the wand seems a little far but I guess it achieves the same purpose you talked about.

Have you found that this distance is preferable than say the clear hose a few inches after the wand?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Have you seen this video?

Thank you for sharing. Definitely agree you gotta give the customers their moneys worth and do a solid job.

Good takeaways in there.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
That's why I love the sight tube on my rotovac. Ain't no chance of not flushing properly with that baby!

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Got it, I see. Although, 10 feet after the wand seems a little far but I guess it achieves the same purpose you talked about.

Have you found that this distance is preferable than say the clear hose a few inches after the wand?
I have found that it seems to be a good distance and here is why. #1. the polycorbonate tube is rigid. Right at the wand is all the flex points needed to move wand around without the tube getting in the way. #2. The customer can see it and is not in your cleaning path getting in your way. I want customers to see it but I don't want them slowing me down.#3. at ten feet you can wrap the hose to your side and see what is coming through pretty easy. Any shorter and i think you would be craining your neck to see it and losing focus on the wand and the work you are doing. By all means try different lengths to find what works for you. But as you do so, remember your hose just got that much shorter if it isn't right. Just visualize having the tube at different lengths and pay attention to your movements and the position of the hose. You will be able to see what length has the best chance of working with how you work a room.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I have found that it seems to be a good distance and here is why. #1. the polycorbonate tube is rigid. Right at the wand is all the flex points needed to move wand around without the tube getting in the way. #2. The customer can see it and is not in your cleaning path getting in your way. I want customers to see it but I don't want them slowing me down.#3. at ten feet you can wrap the hose to your side and see what is coming through pretty easy. Any shorter and i think you would be craining your neck to see it and losing focus on the wand and the work you are doing. By all means try different lengths to find what works for you. But as you do so, remember your hose just got that much shorter if it isn't right. Just visualize having the tube at different lengths and pay attention to your movements and the position of the hose. You will be able to see what length has the best chance of working with how you work a room.
Great insight. Thanks.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Yes sir, chems play a factor the wand you use and the jets and how wet you got it.
in my old age im doing a lot more dry passes
Why are you doing a lot more dry passes in your old age? lol

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
How many would you say is truly enough to flush?
For me traffic lanes more like 3-4 wet passes and the non traffic lanes 1-2 wet passes but 1 will not be enough to flush the filth out of the carpet. I will go back for a dry slow pass by pressing the wand and the carpets are usually dries in 2 hours. I always say 2-4 hours. I use 10 flow with Otter pump about 400 psi for for high piles and 200-300 psi on Berber. With Berber if it got lots of stains then on every wet pass I do an immediate dry pass and come back again with a second dry pass so leaves the less of moisture to minimize the wicking.

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Just cleaned my own carpets today. Living room, Hall and master bedroom. Heavy prespray, normal heavy rinse with 750 psi 12 flow. Finished at 12:30 and 2.5 hrs later they are almost dry. About 60 gal used.

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I want the good reviews and the referrals !
You seem to be well established..in any case I can relate! I have 2 google reviews now one each from my mother and my wife. I questioned having family leave reviews but they both were very happy with the cleaning so I reasoned it was acceptable to do. :)