jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I marked 4 hours on the poll as that is our goal on every job and what we tell customers. I typically ask repeat customers if they remember how long it took to dry the last time and most of them tell us within a couple hours, when I do my house it dries in about 3 hours using some Mini Omni's and a Dry Pod.
your in the desert, just open the windows and let the dry air wash the humidity away !!!!

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
So I cleaned my now carpets today with truckmount. I clocked dry times. I pre-sprayed, acid rinsed and used the TMF Ti Pro wand. I checked it every 15 mins. After cleaning it was just cool to touch. At 30 mins felt dry to touch. At 45 mins it passed the paper towel test. When I clean I get dry times less than 60 mins in most cases. What about you?

Method-HWE
Pre-Spray-Groutmaster (4oz in 8:1 inline sprayer)
Rinse-Flex Ice (12oz in 5 gallons metered @2-3 GPH)
Machine-Legend GT
400 psi
125' hose
TMF Ti wand-Slotted glide
2 dry strokes per clean stroke
No air movers for this test
We as professionals look at the carpets we are about to tackle , and we all choose our chems,,, but at what point does dry times and humidity pose which chems you use and what are those chems??????

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
your in the desert, just open the windows and let the dry air wash the humidity away !!!!
That works well in the summer when it's 100+ out but not so well on days like today where it's in the low 60's and 30+ mph wind gusts with sand blowing everywhere.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Hey: Someone should invent a drone type of fan, that the cleaner could control to hover over the cleaned carpet areas! Where it only takes 10-15 minutes per area to dry. That would be cool, my idea if anyone invents this..

Steve Smith

Aug 18, 2008
Minnesota
Real Name
Steve Smith
So I cleaned my now carpets today with truckmount. I clocked dry times. I pre-sprayed, acid rinsed and used the TMF Ti Pro wand. I checked it every 15 mins. After cleaning it was just cool to touch. At 30 mins felt dry to touch. At 45 mins it passed the paper towel test. When I clean I get dry times less than 60 mins in most cases. What about you?

Method-HWE
Machine-Legend GT
400 psi
125' hose
That is fast drying time!

Couple of questions.

Is 400 psi at the truck before triggering the wand.
How many jets, what flow was your wand.
How were you triggering the wand. On the pull back only?

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I tell my clients crank that A.C. to 70-75 so the it gets cool and lowers humidity a little
And explain dry times at about 4-6 hours

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That is fast drying time!

Couple of questions.

Is 400 psi at the truck before triggering the wand.
How many jets, what flow was your wand.
How were you triggering the wand. On the pull back only?
400 psi @200' live solution reel
4 jets 11002's
Triggering on forward and back stroke then immediate dry stroke.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey: Someone should invent a drone type of fan, that the cleaner could control to hover over the cleaned carpet areas! Where it only takes 10-15 minutes per area to dry. That would be cool, my idea if anyone invents this..
You never going to believe this Gerald. I just had the most awesome epiphany. Design a drone type fan and hover it over carpets. I bet carpets would dry in 10-15 mins. :whistle:

Reactions: Dafloorman

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
You never going to believe this Gerald. I just had the most awesome epiphany. Design a drone type fan and hover it over carpets. I bet carpets would dry in 10-15 mins. :whistle:
Reminds me of the man who invented the recipe and now KFC calls it there secret recipe which they stole from him.

joesclean

Oct 28, 2011
WI
Real Name
joe dacquisto
Business Location
United States

Method-HWE
Machine-Legend GT
400 psi
125' hose

This is fast!! That's impressive. I dont care what humidity it is this is fast!!!! Everything is dry before we leave except the last room we did. But I am a nazi with Studebakers.

Reactions: rob allen

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I cleaned carpets twice in my life. I did my living room 2x this past week to become familiar with my equipment.

The first time the carpet was dry when I was done and today It was 90% dry in about an hour. Maybe todays rain made it take longer.

Either way I feel like I do a ton of dry strokes and it seems I am stingy with the water for fear of soaking them. I generally trigger the water on the wand one way then do several dry strokes and repeat this method over an area that I am cleaning and then dry stroke the whole area again.

I feel like I could probably market a service that is dry when I leave or within one hour but would definitely require A LOT of dry strokes and air movers for sure.

A concern might be the increased time it takes to do the job might be too long for some customers?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
for me dry times will vary.

but on hot summer days
I have gotten carpets dry in as little as 1 hour.

thats not always the case, especially in the bay area.

I always inform my clients that in order for carpets to dry you need to provide warm air temperature, air circulation and ventilation

It is even printed on our invoices.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Personally I think anything within 4 hours is good with so many variables. I was just surprised how fast mine dried to be honest.
must have something to do the weather in Virginia

I am pretty sure it changes during the winter

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
customers sometimes ask when is the best time of the year to have your carpet cleaned. I tell them
-in the winter the air is super dry and it dries very quickly
-in spring and fall you can open windows for a cross breeze to release the humidity and they dry very quickly
-in summer you can either open windows or if its a hot and humid day, you usually have the air conditioning on and the carpet dries very quickly

so in essence, it really doesnt matter...

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Flushing of your carpets depends on a lot of factors. Such as type of prespray, how dirty, how heavy you’ve put it down and the list goes on. I would suggest that at best you’d have to do at least two. And even that would depend on what your using 2 jet 4 jet etc.