Lets see your ez/ tips for a soon to be ez owner

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Idling down WILL NOT harm a lovejoy. Think of all the tractors, lawn equipment and golf course maintenance equipment that have lovejoy connections that you are supposed to idle down. I know this because i grew up working on a golf course my dad was a golf course superintendent for over 20 years
didnt you replace your coupler also?

Reactions: tonyb14

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I said this before and I stand by it. What causes the lovejoy to crack is two things. First the subsonic vibrations that are occurring constantly in the machine and a low quality lovejoy. The first part is easily remedied with vibration dampeners installed at various locations. Along with a bracket built around the lovejoy similar to the new amtex inferno. Second instead of using solid exhaust. Divide it. Use flex pipe. That will help alleviate the subsonic vibration.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Does the same apply to belts? When you say vac hose, Im assuming you mean no matter how short. I have 9' of 2.5" clamped to my waste tank barb and the hose clamped to an inline filter. When cooling down I usually disconnect the 2" on the job end of the filter only.

I would run the same way with a belt system but that's just me.
Belts are more forgiving than a coupler though.
I doubt you have much of a load after disconnecting all the 2 inch to worry.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas

Looks like a stress crack from torque to me.
What engine blower combo do you have?
A #8 coupler is only rated for 1135 ft.lbs. of torque, even less if it surpasses the temperature rating of the coupler which is only 250-275 degrees.
As I said before always power up the unit to full rpm before attaching the vac hose.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
What size engine and blower is that coupler on
I'm running a 31hp water cooled engine and a 47 URAi blower for two years with the same coupler
What's really going on here 37 hours ?
I always idle the Truckmount with the pressure pump and vacuum hoses off
Check the bolts that are holding the engine and blower make sure they aren't coming loose with the vibration

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
I had a crack love joy for a long time I just put a clamp on it . it been working great. as for the exhaust I installed a flex pipe and the mach been working flawless for a long time now. I just change oil and grease the blower. my ez just runs like a rape ape. had it running for 8 hours today. she purr. love it.

Reactions: Rick Imby

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
What size engine and blower is that coupler on
I'm running a 31hp water cooled engine and a 47 URAi blower for two years with the same coupler
What's really going on here 37 hours ?
I always idle the Truckmount with the pressure pump and vacuum hoses off
Check the bolts that are holding the engine and blower make sure they aren't coming loose with the vibration

It's a 23/45. The engine bolts were tight, it does have quite a bit of vibration at 3100-3200 rpms, but less vibration at full throttle which is about 3600-3700 rpms, so that's where I've been running it.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Looks like a stress crack from torque to me.
What engine blower combo do you have?
A #8 coupler is only rated for 1135 ft.lbs. of torque, even less if it surpasses the temperature rating of the coupler which is only 250-275 degrees.
As I said before always power up the unit to full rpm before attaching the vac hose.

It's 23/45. I was most likely doing some things wrong. Like not disconnecting vac hose before idling down, and idling down when I shouldn't have been.
I don't know if those 2 things were enough to cause a cracked coupler, or maybe the tm came to me out of alignment...it's aligned pretty much perfect now so I guess I'll find out if it cracks again.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I had a crack love joy for a long time I just put a clamp on it . it been working great. as for the exhaust I installed a flex pipe and the mach been working flawless for a long time now. I just change oil and grease the blower. my ez just runs like a rape ape. had it running for 8 hours today. she purr. love it.

Where did you get the flex pipe? Is your exhaust wrapped

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
Where did you get the flex pipe? Is your exhaust wrapped
yes it wrap and I got the flex pip at a auto store I larger then I needed so I put to coulple on each end to make up the different in size. real hard to find a 1" flex pipe, I went with a 1.75" and made it work.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I guarantee you it was not aligned perfectly. I see this all the time when there are alignment issues. My coupler is just over 600 hours right now.

Is there a trick to aligning them? Or a way to tell if it's not aligned correctly....before you crack a coupler.

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Dang. I just did another 100 hr belt change

damon have you looked into the motor plate the new amtex's have? supposedly they allow you to adjust tension on the belts. i think that's why you are only getting 100 hours.

i'm still farting around with mine, i got the fuel tank mounted, fuel pump and lines run, installed fresh water tank and Little giant. still have to hook up on demand pump for fresh water and plumb the exhaust, then i should be ready to fire it up.

one question i'm not sure if you will know - does your amtex have a on/off switch for the pump? mine does but i ditched all of the HX stuff and i think it just went to a bypass. the belt from the drive pulley goes right to the pump pulley, i can't see any kind of pump clutch. Just wondering if there is some sort of clutch i don't see activated by that switch.

sorry for the derail . . . .