Lets see your ez/ tips for a soon to be ez owner

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Water dripping out of my hole:D

Do you think thatis a leak?

If it is just dripping it is probably just condensation from the hot air hitting the cold water in the coil.
Every heat exchanger does it but usually goes away the hotter the machine gets unless your incoming water is real cold.
Mine drips but only for the first 15 minutes or so.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
If it is just dripping it is probably just condensation from the hot air hitting the cold water in the coil.
Every heat exchanger does it but usually goes away the hotter the machine gets unless your incoming water is real cold.
Mine drips but only for the first 15 minutes or so.
I had posted that so that Ed couldcompare with his. To me its normal.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I've been running it with the slow drip. I've been too busy to rip it apart. My coupler has a small crack so that's first on the agenda.
Nick says the crack could be from idling down, so I guess I'll just shut down at full rpm.

I am not a fan of shutting a engine down at full speed but I will tell you how to get maximum coupler life.
NEVER have the vac hose hooked up when throttling up or down.
ALWAYS warm up the machine, increase to max rpm, then attach the vac hose.
BEFORE shutting down, unhook the vac hose, then throttle down.

Engine dieseling, run on and run back is very hard on a coupler with a load attached.

Reactions: tonyb14

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I am not a fan of shutting a engine down at full speed but I will tell you how to get maximum coupler life.
NEVER have the vac hose hooked up when throttling up or down.
ALWAYS warm up the machine, increase to max rpm, then attach the vac hose.
BEFORE shutting down, unhook the vac hose, then throttle down.

Engine dieseling, run on and run back is very hard on a coupler with a load attached.
Does the same apply to belts? When you say vac hose, Im assuming you mean no matter how short. I have 9' of 2.5" clamped to my waste tank barb and the hose clamped to an inline filter. When cooling down I usually disconnect the 2" on the job end of the filter only.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1441837923.918968.jpg

37 hours

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I want to convert my waterbox into an antifreeze tank. My plan is to put qds on the hoses, so that i can easily swap them back to my freshtank. Question is, will the qd on the hose that supplies the pump, starve the pump?

Last edited:

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Idling down WILL NOT harm a lovejoy. Think of all the tractors, lawn equipment and golf course maintenance equipment that have lovejoy connections that you are supposed to idle down. I know this because i grew up working on a golf course my dad was a golf course superintendent for over 20 years