Let's see how this goes! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Let's see how this goes!

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
1463662117075.jpg

Sending letters out to local businesses. I am curious to see what type of feedback I get. Anyone have good responses from doing this?

Sent from my SM-N910V using TMF Forums mobile app

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Never worked well for me. I found that I needed to get to know the decision makers personally through Chamber of Commerce and local social / civic / service organizations and by making in person calls on their businesses.

Mailed advertising is often referred to as junk mail. How many mailed ads do you respond to? The percentage is probably real small. It can work if the number of pieces being sent out is very large and the message grabs their attention right away.

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
I agree but they continue to send it to my house so it has to have some response for it to keep coming. I still go door to door every now and then but figured I would try this.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Let us know how it works for you. If you get good results, it means you had a good message, sent it to the right people and had a way to get their attention. Others will be interested to know how you did it.

Reactions: Mike Krall

torchman

Jan 29, 2015
Real Name
Adam morris
I at least have to give it a shot. If not I would not be where I am today. I see a lot of people that give up before they even give it a shot. It may not work well but it didn't cost me a ton of money and not a great deal of time. I did advertise a few other places and it did not pan out and it cost way more than this did.

Lacey Silverton

Sep 8, 2016
Real Name
Lacey Silverton
Curious how the mailers went? The reason I ask is we are generating some local leads for a small local house cleaning business (team of 4 including the owner) through our local lead gen site. This business has been around for more than 20 years but did not have a web presence at all. We've just started recently but see great potential. Best week so far, was 8 leads in one week, just this week alone and we are still mid week, we have had 3. Keep in mind, she is not competing against anyone else for these leads. The lead gen site if officially partnered with a business contract dedicates all of it's leads to that business alone. If you have some funds for marketing, you might be able to find an internet marketer at an affordable cost to build a lead gen site for you.
Click here to check out our lead gen site for some ideas and as a reference. Good luck to you.