Let’s talk LVT & LVP

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Unfortunately you’re right and leads to a major case of efflorescence.
I like e my dungeon with 8' high ceiling ( can go to 9.5' for an industrial look) . Tiles had been there for a while, still can't find efflorescence. I wouldn't change it now. Workmanship is remarkable. Pattern makes it is non - dungeon-y, grout is intact, looks like tiles were installed yesterday . I don't even bother to use spinner for cleaning, hardwood floor machine does the magic.
We like to make general statements about anything and everything, but is there a slight possibility that heated ( non-heated) tiles&grout floor in full walk-out basement might be an exception to the rule?
As far as engineered crap goes, we ( consumer) are taking hit, since manufacturers are cutting ( almost seem like skipping) trial period and sending product straight to our houses) Definitely seems that way, I've seen case where splash proof laminate buckled up from a few drops of water( yes, water got in between seems of the planks and for sure there was no ongoing issue with moisture perspiring from subfloor. Unfortunately, this is no coincidence, this occurrence is more common than we like to think. We can argue ( sorry, discuss) the topic, but there are millions of customers who are living the nightmare. Rather than coming with excuses
( efflorescence and such) let's talk about craftsmanship
( workmanship ) instead .

Attachments

• 20200330_223014.jpg
    20200330_223014.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: rob allen

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
What I never understood is why people don't just put tile in their basements and then cover with rugs.

You won't have a moisture issue with tile.
Yes, you're right, but there will be many arguing that!!!
And yet, I'll have soon enough water extraction job in the basement, where there would be underlayment without moisture barrier ( not that it would matter if there is 4" of water present)

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I like e my dungeon with 8' high ceiling ( can go to 9.5' for an industrial look) . Tiles had been there for a while, still can't find efflorescence. I wouldn't change it now. Workmanship is remarkable. Pattern makes it is non - dungeon-y, grout is intact, looks like tiles were installed yesterday . I don't even bother to use spinner for cleaning, hardwood floor machine does the magic.
We like to make general statements about anything and everything, but is there a slight possibility that heated ( non-heated) tiles&grout floor in full walk-out basement might be an exception to the rule?
As far as engineered crap goes, we ( consumer) are taking hit, since manufacturers are cutting ( almost seem like skipping) trial period and sending product straight to our houses) Definitely seems that way, I've seen case where splash proof laminate buckled up from a few drops of water( yes, water got in between seems of the planks and for sure there was no ongoing issue with moisture perspiring from subfloor. Unfortunately, this is no coincidence, this occurrence is more common than we like to think. We can argue ( sorry, discuss) the topic, but there are millions of customers who are living the nightmare. Rather than coming with excuses
( efflorescence and such) let's talk about craftsmanship
( workmanship ) instead .
Lol trial period. The customer is the trial period :D Enough complaints the materials simply get dropped. Youll see it with that spill proof carpet. It too will disappear suddenly.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I use a CRB or a 175 depending on the surface and lightly mist with Basics neutral floor cleaner and extract with my truck mount using a Gecko hard surface wand.

Reactions: ryaninflorida

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Same here. Got just a few years left of carpet cleaning. Only reason Im still doing it is because it provides me with a good workout each day and dang, I just like doing it. so have at it you youngins.

As a sidenote, I did use some painters tape on LVP where it abutted carpet and the tape took the finish off. Had a pro redo it but he said there is some bad products out there.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Same here. Got just a few years left of carpet cleaning. Only reason Im still doing it is because it provides me with a good workout each day and dang, I just like doing it. so have at it you youngins.

As a sidenote, I did use some painters tape on LVP where it abutted carpet and the tape took the finish off. Had a pro redo it but he said there is some bad products out there.
Sigh I've got...30 more years ? I dont really know lol. I feel like I'm getting old fast.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Light mist of neutral floor cleaner. Red pad on 175. Shop vac with squeegee and damp mop to finish.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I’m working on a coating that will make it clean up fast, give it a warm glow and has no wax content.