Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Let’s talk about “side jobs”. I ran into a technician whose company allows him to do side jobs after hours. What’s your take? ‍♂

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I think it is very foolish for a business to allow employees to do side jobs when they are off the clock. It opens the whole can of worms for the business as the employees could easily be taking their customers and offering lower prices for them to come back later as well as theft of chemicals, supplies and equipment.

Reactions: wandwizard

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
Another factor to consider is the insurance liability issue. They fudge up something and it would then fall on the company for damages.
Even a car accident during non-business related jobs could be called into question by your insurance.
"What do you mean I'm not covered picking up groceries in my carpet cleaning van?"

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Only their own homes. For carpet cleaning. If they want too sell jobs on their own time that’s different and I’ll pay a good commission

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive found that if you let them do it once it becomes expected or they dont tell you about the next one they do

GoldTipWand

Aug 24, 2019
Real Name
Stanled Steeemy
I do my apartment and furniture whenever I can, I cut friends good deals but I don't make money off it. I keep telling my family I'll take care of their stuff for free but none have even been interested lol

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
As i was quitting my carpet cleaning job before I started my own business, my boss mentioned that if I had wanted more money I could have gotten my own jobs @ 50% of the ticket. I think if I would have known that before hand I probably would have taken advantage of those opportunities when they came and I would have created my own opportunities as well. I wouldn't have thought to rip them off plus at the end of the day I had to write down what machine hour meter said. Me, personally I would want those jobs on the schedule and give a bonus.

Mass-Steamer

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
No way. I see it as a potententially big liability issue. A lose/lose.