Legend se drops pressure

Big red steamer

Nov 26, 2021
Real Name
Darrell Blair
Just bought a legend se. It's probably around ten years old. Been working fine til the other day. Last two jobs pressure would drop at the wand after pulling trigger 15 20 seconds. Drops about 30 percent. After I do dry strokes and then pull trigger again it starts out fine but once again it starts to drop pressure after about 20 seconds.pressure registers fine at machine. Could it be bladder tank? It's like it just needs a few seconds to build back pressure when not pulling trigger but begins to drop pressure a few seconds after pulling trigger and slowly gets worse. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Just bought a legend se. It's probably around ten years old. Been working fine til the other day. Last two jobs pressure would drop at the wand after pulling trigger 15 20 seconds. Drops about 30 percent. After I do dry strokes and then pull trigger again it starts out fine but once again it starts to drop pressure after about 20 seconds.pressure registers fine at machine. Could it be bladder tank? It's like it just needs a few seconds to build back pressure when not pulling trigger but begins to drop pressure a few seconds after pulling trigger and slowly gets worse. Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Replace orings in pressure regulator
Check all orifices and screens
Descale

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Page 45 on the owner's manual discusses about every possibility that could cause it. I always start from simple to complex. If you have not descaled the machine in a while that is the easiest starting point. I would carefully read page 45 and see if something jumps out at you. It can be the water pump causing this particularly if it's an older one. There is a simple way to check the "water pump volume" that is mentioned on page 45 if it comes to that. You must disconnect the hose from the regulator and place in a bucket. Turn the machine on and time how long it takes to pump out 1 gallon. According to your manual it should do a gallon in 17 seconds. My machine's pump is rated for 3.5 gallons per minute and this test has shown me that it actually does that fairly accurately. My pump will pump out near exactly 3.5 gallons per minute doing this test unless something is wrong with the pump. It's pretty easy to do on my machine. It shows you if your pump output has something wrong with it. Here's your manual and I'd fairly sure bet the problem is on page 45. If your pump is old I'd be thinking about a new pump or at least new check valves. The things Aussie mentioned are also definite possibilities. Personally, on my machine at least, I would just buy a new pressure regulator rather than try to repair the old one. It's a super pain in the rear on a Boxxer 421. I bought my last one from a place called Water Cannon for a fraction of what https://shop.truckmountforums.com charges. Truck mount retailers like that charge an EXTREMELY HIGH mark up on items like those just for a heads up.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Check the screen in the bottom of the water box may be clogged. also check the screens for your fresh water tank if you have one. If not check the screens on your feed hose. Usually has a screen either one the end that connects to the water supply. But there's a screen on the adapter that connects to the unit. Make sure you screw it off the hose and check.