Legend Brands and Prochem Merge | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Legend Brands and Prochem Merge

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Now somehow if Legand goes bust , we are up the creek .

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
My dream of buying a Prochem is over

Reactions: russrroberts

Avdo

Oct 12, 2013
Real Name
Avdo Avdic
I really, really, really hope that they don't fudge Prochem or its extremely loyal customers from this merger. This is even coming from a Sapphire guy, but I use many Prochem chems.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Russ I noticed on your pic that you have SS 370. What is you take on SS so far. I have never used their TM but from what I can see on forums and social media pages issues with SS TMs come up more than any other TM. Now this is just what I have seen so far. Never used one and cannot speak on that. I rarely see any Prochem ever come up with issues.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
So much for competitive markets in a capitalist country...

Ask yourself, what usually happens in a monopolistic market?

Frank House

Feb 1, 2016
Real Name
Frank H
RPM Acquires Two Companies with Combined Annual Net Sales of $42 Million

NEWS PROVIDED BY

RPM International Inc.
Jan 04, 2017, 16:05 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

MEDINA, Ohio, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RPM International Inc. (NYSE: RPM) today announced that it has acquired two businesses, a manufacturer of commercial floor cleaning equipment and chemicals, and a manufacturer of specialty chemical raw materials. The companies have combined annual net sales of approximately $42 million. Terms of the transactions, which are expected to be accretive to earnings within one year, were not disclosed.

RPM's Legend Brands business has acquired the Prochem business from the Kärcher North America Company, Inc. Prochem is a manufacturer of professional equipment and chemicals for cleaning and restoring carpet, upholstery and hard flooring surfaces. Based in Chandler, Arizona, Prochem has annual net sales of approximately $22 million.

Prochem's equipment line includes truck-mounted and portable carpet, upholstery and hard surface cleaning machines, as well as a complete line of accessories. Prochem also manufactures professional-grade cleaning chemicals, including detergents, shampoos, spot and stain removers, and deodorizers. Its products are sold by distributors to professional cleaning contractors, primarily in North America.

"We expect the addition of Prochem, which will be integrated into Legend Brands' current offering of professional cleaning products, to propel us into the leadership position in the professional cleaning market," stated Frank C. Sullivan, RPM chairman and chief executive officer. "There are a number of efficiencies to be gained by the combined businesses that we can leverage to the bottom line. Plus, we will be able to better serve customers as we now have cleaning chemical blending facilities on both the east and west coasts of the U.S."

In addition, RPM acquired 80 percent of Arnette Polymers, LLC, a manufacturer of specialty chemical raw materials. Excluding sales to the several RPM subsidiaries it currently serves, Arnette Polymers has annual net sales of nearly $20 million. It will operate as part of the RPM Performance Coatings Group.

Located in Richmond, Missouri, Arnette Polymers specializes in resins, hardeners, curing agents and other intermediates for use in epoxy and polyurethane materials. The company is a key supplier to major chemical producers, distributors and end-user formulators. It will continue to be run by company founders Jim and Micky Arnette and the existing management team.

"Arnette's flexibility and ability to produce from pilot to large scale batches of both standard and niche materials has made it a key supplier for RPM subsidiaries over the last several years," stated Sullivan. "With a good working relationship already in place, we intend to leverage this acquisition to further expand advantages in cost, supply and product development within the RPM supply chain."

About RPM
RPM International Inc. owns subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services across three segments. RPM's industrial products include roofing systems, sealants, corrosion control coatings, flooring coatings and other construction chemicals. Industrial companies include Stonhard, Tremco, illbruck, Carboline, Flowcrete, Euclid Chemical and RPM Belgium Vandex. RPM's consumer products are used by professionals and do-it-yourselfers for home maintenance and improvement and by hobbyists. Consumer brands include Rust-Oleum, DAP, Zinsser, Varathane and Testors. RPM's specialty products include industrial cleaners, colorants, exterior finishes, specialty OEM coatings, edible coatings, restoration services equipment and specialty glazes for the pharmaceutical and food industries. Specialty segment companies include Day-Glo, Dryvit, RPM Wood Finishes, Mantrose-Haeuser, Legend Brands, Kop-Coat and TCI. Additional details can be found at www.rpminc.com and by following RPM on Twitter at www.twitter.com/RPMintl.

Reactions: aloha one

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Russ I noticed on your pic that you have SS 370. What is you take on SS so far. I have never used their TM but from what I can see on forums and social media pages issues with SS TMs come up more than any other TM. Now this is just what I have seen so far. Never used one and cannot speak on that. I rarely see any Prochem ever come up with issues.
My unit was purchased in March of 2014 from https://shop.truckmountforums.com in Atlanta. This was just after they just updated the heat control from the thermostat to the low, medium and high settings. I have gone thru 6 heat switch sensors (low, medium, high replaced all twice while under warranty), thermal valve, and a waste tank shut off switch after the warranty expired, these are normal wear parts so I can't fault sapphire for those going bad, that just happens over time. When my warranty expired the unit had 1100 hours or so.

Due to family health issues I moved back to Northern AZ, and have only put a few hundred hours on my unit the 8 months I've been back. My opinion is that they did have some annoying sensors to deal with, however the machine is engineered like a rock and the performance is to be expected of a single wand unit. Sapphire has done away with the first gen of heat switches, and other components on the 370 they had issues with. The new 370 they just release with the gray facia is supposed to have upgraded components in it as well.

My best friend has a rage, and he has only had a regulator go out (https://shop.truckmountforums.com Atlanta told him this is a normal wear item at 1000-1500 hrs) so this is nothing against Sapphire. $70 part, 2 screws and 4 minutes later he was back up. The funny thing is his rage is seen as an entry level unit however its performance is right on par with the 370, and his rage actually maintains heat when cleaning tile unlike my 370. High psi and flow rates reduce my heat drastically. Sapphire has a great support team, FB Page, and I would buy another TM from them.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Nothing against these big name tm prochem ss and hydramaster....
just looks like they could make a truckmount that is eas o asy to work on and freefrom breakdowns......
i looked into buying one of the big name and decided against it and just upgraded my namco...new bigger engine..new bigger nlower and kero heater...
i am not mechanically trained but have learned to do 90% by myself with a little help from local auto mechanic....

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
So does this mean LEGENDS gets this guy?
d8cdc63d1dfc8838542e671bf320217f.jpg

Lightning Carpet Care LLC