Leather Cleaning? a little help plz | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Leather Cleaning? a little help plz

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I was called by a previous client and asked to clean her furniture which includes a white leather sofa as well as other fabric material stuff.

She was very confident in my abilities and said I did wonderful work on her rugs last time and she would like me to have a go at the furniture. I did mention that I don't normally do leather but would be more than willing to give it a shot. I'd like to break the comfort zone again. It's been far to long.

I've never cleaned leather. Seen products for purchase but looking for someone who might have some actual EXPERIENCE with cleaning leather.

What do you use? Whats your basic process? What should I lookout for?

I'm thinking my variable speed grinder may come in handy here.

CcCleaner

Jul 28, 2011
ma
Real Name
Cole Clifford
Business Location
United States
God dammit Steve your vids are always so freakin helpful and awesome.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Daniel,
If you learn to use one of these you will wonder how you ever got along without it. You will really see the difference in the cleaning from the conventional ways everyone else does it.
Another thing, it is great for regular upholstery, many hard to clean items and much much more.Amazing on some stains that just will not clean.
Check with Scott W. he may have some.
If you have more questions please feel free to ask.
SAA

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Wide variety of situations out there...
They range from "no fukin way I'd touch that suede",....to "hella easy peasy , leather conditioner brush and wipe"...
Let's see the pics.
I've walked from tons and made good money on others in my 25 years...

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I haven't seen it yet. I'm going to see it tomorrow so I'll see what the tag says.

I'm inquiring about getting into leather cleaning all together though. I'd like to be cleaning much more in the future

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I haven't seen it yet. I'm going to see it tomorrow so I'll see what the tag says.

I'm inquiring about getting into leather cleaning all together though. I'd like to be cleaning much more in the future
Tag won't help....if even there is one on a leather sofa.
The type of leather that's a slam dunk is one that has a proper sheen finish and isn't worn enough so that the conditioner won't discolor the appearance.

Ideal situation is visibly soiled but not worn on a shiny leather finish..
In that case, you just apply leather cleaner/conditioner with a soft brush and work in small circles...
Wipe off with a towel

Reactions: Spotless Flooring

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Any of you guys keep a vapor steamer around? What are yall using?
I bought the old mytee steamer from a member here. It does a decent job but it heats the tank full of water, so you can't refill the tank without letting the unit cool. I still have it as a back up.

I also bought the new mytee. It is a continuous fill, and the vapor stream is pretty nice. I will use it today to make quick work of a stainless wall at a restaurant behind the grills (full of grease). It takes me significantly less time than cleaning it by hand.

My most extreme transformation on upholstery was using encap and the vapor steamer. (After seeing @SAA post about it)

The only trouble for me with using it regularly on upholstery is the time involved. Upholstery is the hardest thing for me to get good pricing. It doesn't make sense for someone to buy a $300 sofa and clean it for $300. But to vac, treat, scrub, steam, and extract, that takes a lot of time.

It's a great tool to have tho.

I want to offer up my old mytee to you, but I am big on redundancy. I need a back up lol

Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I bought the old mytee steamer from a member here. It does a decent job but it heats the tank full of water, so you can't refill the tank without letting the unit cool. I still have it as a back up.

I also bought the new mytee. It is a continuous fill, and the vapor stream is pretty nice. I will use it today to make quick work of a stainless wall at a restaurant behind the grills (full of grease). It takes me significantly less time than cleaning it by hand.

My most extreme transformation on upholstery was using encap and the vapor steamer. (After seeing @SAA post about it)

The only trouble for me with using it regularly on upholstery is the time involved. Upholstery is the hardest thing for me to get good pricing. It doesn't make sense for someone to buy a $300 sofa and clean it for $300. But to vac, treat, scrub, steam, and extract, that takes a lot of time.

It's a great tool to have tho.

I want to offer up my old mytee to you, but I am big on redundancy. I need a back up lol
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Here is a link to a nice vapor steamer at a very reasonable cost, some are $1200 to $1500. If we have 10 people that want to buy a vapor steamer as a group buy, I will give an additional 15% discount. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MB07

I do have some little brochures on the basics of leather cleaning and maybe a few copies of the training videos I did on leather clenaing a few years ago.

Send an email request to stores.CSR@bridgewatercorp.net and ask for either. Will send out what I have left. No charge.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Wow Scott, that is a great buy (and no I do not make a commission on any of this).

These are very good machines and they work well and last a good long time. Too bad I am not in the market for one, I would buy one at this price.

SAA

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
i want to start marketing this service any suggests ?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
im scare to buy a 800$ machine without the business come from it asap