Learning the hard way

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 4, 2016
Mississippi
www.greenthoroclean.com
Real Name
Eddie Greenlee
Hey friends , its been a while since ive been here but man have I been learning and working and working and learning.
I still question myself about the prices i charge but for the most part on standard size rooms 10 x 12 ish im charging around 50.00 each. if they are larger i will go by the sq ft around .35. If you have any advice please pass it on .
its seems like every house is different and has different situations. but for the most part its just carpet. Im doing residential for now.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hey friends , its been a while since ive been here but man have I been learning and working and working and learning.
I still question myself about the prices i charge but for the most part on standard size rooms 10 x 12 ish im charging around 50.00 each. if they are larger i will go by the sq ft around .35. If you have any advice please pass it on .
its seems like every house is different and has different situations. but for the most part its just carpet. Im doing residential for now.
Eddie, you don't need anybody's advice . You're doing just fine. You even make some members jealous of you, they might charge less and they wonder how you manage to charge $50 and your aim is even higher. Who's to determine value of your labor, chemistry and equipment used in the process? Keep on going ... If $50 is your
"magic" number, keep using it, if you think , your final product deserves more, you'll find a way, how to communicate it to your customers.... That's all. Welcome back.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you are doing well with pricing, continue learning all you can on the cleaning side and you will be alright.

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
When I started 4 years ago, My min was $60 for 1 room
now its Min 2 rooms - $80

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I'm on the same boat I charge the same rate keep it going man.

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

C&DClean

Oct 26, 2015
Real Name
Sean Pagano
It's what works for you. My rates ($80 first room $25 each additional) might not work for you. Sounds like your doing great. Keep going and then when you want and have the. Then when you want to raise the price with new clients if you need to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

EricT

Nov 10, 2016
Real Name
Eric Thompson
Those rates look cheap compared to what I charge

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Every market is different. Every business et-up is different. If you are making a profit and happy with the results, then your pricing is OK.

May you have continued sucess, Eddie.

BTW - I see you are from MIssissippi. What area? I did some work in northern part of the state, Iuka and outside Memphis. Have freinds in Jackson and Mobile.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We charge 40-50-60 per room depending on soil level and size. Works for us.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
We charge 40-50-60 per room depending on soil level and size. Works for us.
So, light, medium and heavily soiled. Customer knows ahead of time that techs will determine the final price after walk trough ? How often do they ( techs) hear :" ..but lady on the phone said.."

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
So, light, medium and heavily soiled. Customer knows ahead of time that techs will determine the final price after walk trough ? How often do they ( techs) hear :" ..but lady on the phone said.."
yes that does happen. My receptionists are to say "All homes are different. We cannot the see the home on the phone and tech will give you an est before starting. What day would you like Mrs Jones"?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
yes that does happen. My receptionists are to say "All homes are different. We cannot the see the home on the phone and tech will give you an est before starting. What day would you like Mrs Jones"?
"cannot see the home on the phone" may seem a bit harsh to some? How bouts "Look here Fool I'm not Superman..I cant see thru walls"? Always the gentle approach!

Last edited:

Latest posts