Learning the hard way

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Greenlee, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Greenlee

Greenlee Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    Mississippi
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    Hey friends , its been a while since ive been here but man have I been learning and working and working and learning.
    I still question myself about the prices i charge but for the most part on standard size rooms 10 x 12 ish im charging around 50.00 each. if they are larger i will go by the sq ft around .35. If you have any advice please pass it on .
    its seems like every house is different and has different situations. but for the most part its just carpet. Im doing residential for now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +356 / 2 / -0
    Eddie, you don't need anybody's advice . You're doing just fine. You even make some members jealous of you, they might charge less and they wonder how you manage to charge $50 and your aim is even higher. Who's to determine value of your labor, chemistry and equipment used in the process? Keep on going ... If $50 is your
    "magic" number, keep using it, if you think , your final product deserves more, you'll find a way, how to communicate it to your customers.... That's all. Welcome back.

• Like Like x 5
  3. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,603 / 84 / -0
    Sounds like you are doing well with pricing, continue learning all you can on the cleaning side and you will be alright.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +786 / 0 / -0
    I think your price sounds pretty good. Set your min charge price, and your off to the races. :) Good luck

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +293 / 1 / -0
    When I started 4 years ago, My min was $60 for 1 room
    now its Min 2 rooms - $80

6. Greenlee

Greenlee Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    Mississippi
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for all of your responses and confidence booster. I do appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lvtandg

lvtandg KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning

Apr 16, 2008
    Male
    Owner
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ratings:
    +371 / 17 / -0
    16 years later I don't want to make $60 a house...I'm 52 in a couple days...The whole idea working for yourself is work less make more? Isn't it? All you have to do is ask? Don't worry about others...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. LightningCarpetCare

LightningCarpetCare Active Member

May 2, 2016
    Ratings:
    +228 / 0 / -0
    I'm on the same boat I charge the same rate keep it going man.

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

9. C&DClean

C&DClean Active Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    It's what works for you. My rates ($80 first room $25 each additional) might not work for you. Sounds like your doing great. Keep going and then when you want and have the. Then when you want to raise the price with new clients if you need to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

10. EricT

EricT New Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those rates look cheap compared to what I charge

11. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,871 / 11 / -1
    Every market is different. Every business et-up is different. If you are making a profit and happy with the results, then your pricing is OK.

May you have continued sucess, Eddie.

BTW - I see you are from MIssissippi. What area? I did some work in northern part of the state, Iuka and outside Memphis. Have freinds in Jackson and Mobile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,522 / 83 / -0
    We charge 40-50-60 per room depending on soil level and size. Works for us.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luky

Luky Active Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +356 / 2 / -0
    So, light, medium and heavily soiled. Customer knows ahead of time that techs will determine the final price after walk trough ? How often do they ( techs) hear :" ..but lady on the phone said.."

14. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,522 / 83 / -0
    yes that does happen. My receptionists are to say "All homes are different. We cannot the see the home on the phone and tech will give you an est before starting. What day would you like Mrs Jones"?

• Like Like x 1
  15. aloha one

aloha one Scrub a DUB DUB!

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,756 / 106 / -0
    #15 aloha one, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    "cannot see the home on the phone" may seem a bit harsh to some? How bouts "Look here Fool I'm not Superman..I cant see thru walls"? Always the gentle approach!

• Funny Funny x 3