Leaky Nozzles | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Leaky Nozzles

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Anything I can do to stop my nozzles from leaking when I disconnect my solution line from the wand? Super annoying my other wand never drips but its only a 12

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Anything I can do to stop my nozzles from leaking when I disconnect my solution line from the wand? Super annoying my other wand never drips but its only a 12
There are check valves and check valves with strainers for vee jets. I prefer the ones with strainers. There are a few different brands out there. It does pretty well solve the jet dripping problem. I tried the check valve only option and didn't like it for a couple reasons. The check valve screws into where your jets go and then the jet screws into the check valve so it puts your jets much closer to the carpet which normally means you may have to buy new jets and change the spray pattern.

Another type screws into the inlet side of the spray jet so it screens out even the tiniest particles before it reaches your jets. That is much preferred to me personally since it just takes a spec of something to clog many jets. The jets used with this type will also have threads on the inside of it to screw in the check valve or strainer on the inlet side of the jet. Not all jets have this so you should pull one of yours out of the wand and look for threads on the inside of it. If they're there all you need is the check valves. If not you will need to buy both new jets and the check valves. Again, the internal check valves with screens are much preferred than the external check valve IMHO. If your 12 inch wand happens to use Teejets I think they may make a different one for those as well.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
There are check valves and check valves with strainers for vee jets. I prefer the ones with strainers. There are a few different brands out there. It does pretty well solve the jet dripping problem. I tried the check valve only option and didn't like it for a couple reasons. The check valve screws into where your jets go and then the jet screws into the check valve so it puts your jets much closer to the carpet which normally means you may have to buy new jets and change the spray pattern.

Another type screws into the inlet side of the spray jet so it screens out even the tiniest particles before it reaches your jets. That is much preferred to me personally since it just takes a spec of something to clog many jets. The jets used with this type will also have threads on the inside of it to screw in the check valve or strainer on the inlet side of the jet. Not all jets have this so you should pull one of yours out of the wand and look for threads on the inside of it. If they're there all you need is the check valves. If not you will need to buy both new jets and the check valves. Again, the internal check valves with screens are much preferred than the external check valve IMHO. If your 12 inch wand happens to use Teejets I think they may make a different one for those as well.
This was really helpful thank you.