Late fee's , special occasion & holiday fee's | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Late fee's , special occasion & holiday fee's

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Should these be charged every time a customer is late, has a office party for either a special occasion or holiday? Just wondering how others handle these types of situations. Do you have those clients which you allow some leeway and others you don't? OR do you treat them all the same?

I

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
If you notice, many companies simply RAISED prices instead of charging fees. Clients barely ever notice, it doesn't create bad vibes between you.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It depends on who they are. My invoice includes a legally required disclaimer that there will be an interest charge on payments not received in x amount of days. Rarely do I ever charge it.

It's a balancing act really. We are not in the business of issuing credit, that is what banks and credit card companies are for. If we are late paying our bills we get charged a late fee and/or interest. So why can't we charge our customer? On the flip side of that, it is a nice FAVOR to the customer, one that shouldn't be abused.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner
Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
As for special occasions and holidays, no.
Agreed, not a bank and if I extend this to one I might feel obliged to extend to other clients too. I have a check list which I go by and that allows me to get in/out within the allotted time frame. Do you mean you do not charge an additional fee if your customer has a company party and your crew is left cleaning the extra? I've had this happen with long term customers and the most recently added customer. I charge an additional $50 so its not a lot but enough to catch their attention.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Depends are you trying to keep customers? Starting to charge such fees is a good way out the back door.
Starting? No, we've always had a clause within our contract under the payment terms which states we charge a late fee, holiday & special occasion fee and I've not had a client turn down a contract due to any of these. I think its fairly common and most expect it. I mean honestly, if the client leaves the property in unexpected conditions the service fee will be reflected on the next invoice or in the event an invoice is X amount of days late and its a recurring issue then a late payment will be added HOWEVER I've not had to include a late fee because they always seem to pay on time or shortly after I send them a reminder.

Reactions: J20770

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
Agreed, not a bank and if I extend this to one I might feel obliged to extend to other clients too. I have a check list which I go by and that allows me to get in/out within the allotted time frame. Do you mean you do not charge an additional fee if your customer has a company party and your crew is left cleaning the extra? I've had this happen with long term customers and the most recently added customer. I charge an additional $50 so its not a lot but enough to catch their attention.
If there is extra work beyond what is agreed upon, yes there are extra charges. I don't work for free.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Starting? No, we've always had a clause within our contract under the payment terms which states we charge a late fee, holiday & special occasion fee and I've not had a client turn down a contract due to any of these. I think its fairly common and most expect it. I mean honestly, if the client leaves the property in unexpected conditions the service fee will be reflected on the next invoice or in the event an invoice is X amount of days late and its a recurring issue then a late payment will be added HOWEVER I've not had to include a late fee because they always seem to pay on time or shortly after I send them a reminder.
Well with due respect I’d disagree. I don’t charge extra for such things. I just make sure I have enough built in.