Last job of the day and this is what I get!

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
The job was a living room, hallway, and part of a bedroom. The husband didn't think the carpet was that bad and didn't need cleaning. The wife wanted it cleaned because their 6 month old would be walking soon and she wanted clean carpet. They had used a rug doctor in the past but it was no longer touching the spots. There were drink spills, food, every kind of imaginable makeup, and who knows what else on that carpet. I didn't think I would get better than 50% improvement. I mixed my pre-spray double strength and added two ounces of a vent hood/smokehouse cleaner to my hydra-force and sprayed all three areas with the entire jug. I then scrubbed everything down with a deck brush. I finally extracted with my rotovac. The bedroom and hall came out great but the living room was still suspect. So I resprayed with my normal mix and scrubbed again, following up with another extraction with the rotovac. The lady was ecstatic and was texting photos to her husband. I joked with her that her husband may come home and think he had the wrong house. I charged her $200 for the cleaning and gave her a bid of $275 for the couch, loveseat, and chair which were in similar condition.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Hall 2-3 done.jpg
    Hall 2-3 done.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 266
  • After 1st Cleaning.jpg
    After 1st Cleaning.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 270
  • After 2nd Cleaning.jpg
    After 2nd Cleaning.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Hall 2-3 done.jpg
    Hall 2-3 done.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 287
  • After 1st Cleaning.jpg
    After 1st Cleaning.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 253
  • After 2nd Cleaning.jpg
    After 2nd Cleaning.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 258

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
They dont have grandi rakes in minnesota? a deck brush on carpet is pretty sketchy brother. even that mess..
I have used a rake before but it just seems to chincy to me. I found a nice deck brush made by Libman, found at Menards, that has bristles that are about the same or softer than the rake and I like it better because there are more brissle/scrubbing action per stroke than with the rake and I feel like I can put more pressure on the brush than the rake. Took me a long time to find that brush though. Most are wayyyyy to abrasive for use on carpet.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
Nice job. I would look for a 175 on Craigslist to scrub the carpet. I got mine for 99.00, it works great.
I do have one of those and on my truck. But I do not have a bristle block only a pad driver block so I use it a lot on CGD carpet. I like having the brushes for residentials to get down into the fibers.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
there is a reason a rake has smooth plastic bristles...with a brush your are ripping out fibers...adding wear to the carpet. no pro anywhere I ever met would take a deck brush to carpet...trying to help ya.

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
there is a reason a rake has smooth plastic bristles...with a brush your are ripping out fibers...adding wear to the carpet. no pro anywhere I ever met would take a deck brush to carpet...trying to help ya.
I understand. I was also confusing the rake and the brush, I get those two mixed up a lot. I know a lot of guys who use a deck brush and do so very effectively, I have never had a problem with removing fibers or damage, mostly because the brush I use is made more for brushing softer material like awnings and siding than concrete so it is very soft bristled. I do agree that most deck brushes would be entirely inappropriate to be used on carpet.

Reactions: john gerding

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I do have one of those and on my truck. But I do not have a bristle block only a pad driver block so I use it a lot on CGD carpet. I like having the brushes for residentials to get down into the fibers.
Put a white pad under your 175 and use it on residential carpet. You will be amazed.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
The job was a living room, hallway, and part of a bedroom. The husband didn't think the carpet was that bad and didn't need cleaning. The wife wanted it cleaned because their 6 month old would be walking soon and she wanted clean carpet. They had used a rug doctor in the past but it was no longer touching the spots. There were drink spills, food, every kind of imaginable makeup, and who knows what else on that carpet. I didn't think I would get better than 50% improvement. I mixed my pre-spray double strength and added two ounces of a vent hood/smokehouse cleaner to my hydra-force and sprayed all three areas with the entire jug. I then scrubbed everything down with a deck brush. I finally extracted with my rotovac. The bedroom and hall came out great but the living room was still suspect. So I resprayed with my normal mix and scrubbed again, following up with another extraction with the rotovac. The lady was ecstatic and was texting photos to her husband. I joked with her that her husband may come home and think he had the wrong house. I charged her $200 for the cleaning and gave her a bid of $275 for the couch, loveseat, and chair which were in similar condition.
Watch out for over use on chemicals... More is not better... Could bite you on the ass using double the required amount of pre spray as directed. Be careful... Hoped you rinsed very well and speed dryed.. If you left that wet you will certainly get a call back. Not trying to talk crap just tring to help you not make so of the some mistakes I have in the past.

Rob Mueller

Last edited:
Reactions: astrikingimage

cyphersbg

Mr. Cyphers
Jul 19, 2013
California
www.oceanwestsd.com
Real Name
Branston Cyphers
Business Location
United States
Those are some very nasty people man. My dog wouldn't sit on that couch

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Not sure about using hood decreaser. I'd stick with the chemicals designed (and only) designed for carpet cleaning. Better have used an all fiber rinse with extra dry strokes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: suncarpet

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Todd I have a white pad as well and I love the delicate agitation it does to the resi carpet. What do you recommend using the green pad on?

Love the video!
Mild stripping & scrubbing, tile, VCT, linoleum, finished concrete.

Rob Mueller

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I mixed my pre-spray double strength and added two ounces of a vent hood/smokehouse cleaner to my hydra-force and sprayed all three areas with the entire jug.

Did you check the msds sheet on that before using it on carpet?
Especially when the woman told you her baby would soon be all over the carpet.
Most of those cleaners contain Sodium Hydroxide.