Lambs wool, microfiber, cotton, nylon whats your preference to applying finish | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Lambs wool, microfiber, cotton, nylon whats your preference to applying finish

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
I've tried all of the above, the most expensive being the lambs wool and I wasn't to fond of it. I had bubbles in some area which I didn't get when I used the cotton but I prefer a flat microfiber mop head over any other. What do you use when you applying finish? I'm about to do a refinish and thought I'd give the lambs wool a try again BUT I'm a bit apprehensive about doing that. Any pointers on avoidng the tiny bubbles? Thanks :)

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
It really depends on the job for me. Usually for smaller jobs I use a microfiber flat mop but once I start getting into 1500-2000+ square feet I switch over to a rayon finish mop and just roll the bucket along with me. Especially when I know I'm going to use a lot of wax and can fill it up with a couple gallons from the start and work my way back to the door without having to go grab another gallon.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Agree. It depends upon the job and the finish being used. Flat microfiber for smaller jobs. A blended mop (rayon and polyester or cotton, rayon and polyester) on larger jobs. Started with a slightly damp mop.

Bubbles can often be from too much finish being applied rather than the fiber being used.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Try a rubber maid webfoot micro fiber mop head. There green in colour. I promise once you’ve tried these you’ll never use any other. They fit onto a claw grip mop handle. Only ever get finish onto the first 1/3 of the mop head and wring it out until you can lift the head out of the wringer and it doesn’t drip.
Depending on how high a solids your finish is be careful of using one finish head for two long. The higher solids finish tend to get finish drying on the head and then on the next coat will come off in the finish. This happens in the upper end floor finishes of 30%