Kunkle valve

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
Hi guys I am thinking on buying a kunkle valve for my setup does does any of you uses them on your systems? what are the good or the bad on them, are they worth it?

Also how hard is it to install? I saw them on Larry's site and other companies but I think Im going with the REP website since I need some oil and grease for my blower here is the link

http://www.pdblowers.com/pr73-c41-kunkle-relief-valve-215v.php

In case I buy it What else do I need for the installation, any pointers I have a 33 blower so any help?

SW*

Nov 12, 2008
West Fargo
Real Name
Scott Weiand
I have a kunkle valve on my El Diablo. I also have a Hydramaster Salsa that just didn't seem to have that "great" vacuum I wanted..so we installed a kunkle valve and now have that great vacuum. Installation was pretty easy and kunkle valve was under $200 if I remember correctly.

Jun 28, 2010
California
Real Name
Jonathan Powers
Business Location
United States
I had a Kunkle Valve on my Fox 8500, and ended up switching back to oem. Reason being that performance was inconsistent. Sometimes would get stuck open and would not close. I had to lubricate that thing every day to prevent sticking. Also, I didn't like when it cracked open at 15", lift would drop to 12" and stay there until I stopped cleaning. What I would prefer is to have vacuum relief valve that would hold a constant 15" lift and not drop below that.

What's the deal with Bayco Valves? Anyone tried those?

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
Sometimes would get stuck open and would not close. I had to lubricate that thing every day to prevent sticking.
I believe that wd-40 causes them to gather sticky residue from the oil in it.
I have had better luck with mine if I shoot a little carb and choke cleaner in it once a week.
Mine does not give me too much trouble and does a very good job of regulating vac.
Drew

Jan 12, 2010
Denver
Real Name
Ron Dick
Business Location
United States
Rob has a video of a valve he installed not sure what you call it though I do know it was cheap and easy. and I like cheap and easy....

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
So to install the kunkle valve do I need to buy anything extra? and just drill the hole in the tank and done or it there any special instructions that I need to follow?