Krud kutter | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Krud kutter

license2Clean

Apr 10, 2008
calif
Are you aware this stuff is like a tile floor stripper product? PH is near 13..

Test on a trashed carpet for results.
Side note* [trying to rinse that stuff out of the carpet will be another story]

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Can krud kutter be used on carpet? What is your experience with this product
It appears they make a whole line of products by Rustoleum under the Krud Kutter brand. I'm assuming you're talking about the one that is called Original Krud Kutter degreaser. The manufacturer does claim it can be used to remove a number of stains from carpets. It does have a pretty high ph of about 12.7 so I would be uncomfortable using it on nylon and definitely not on any natural fiber. Although it claims it leaves no residue I would have serious doubts about that. In any event, if you choose to use it, always rinse it out. I would not use it on a carpet still under warranty and in general I think it's a bad idea to use over the counter products in what is supposed to be a professional setting.

Btw, that may be a great product. I really don't know. What I do know is I've seen what people do to their carpets over the years, sometimes with disastrous results. I think it's safer and more professional to the customer, to use professional products. I strongly suspect using Krud Kutter on the wrong carpet or rug, especially if it's not rinsed well and neutralized, could remove color or cause other problems. I did find it interesting on the sds that it has one of the same chems in it used in Matrix Olefin TLC.

RMCC

Mar 9, 2016
Real Name
Ian Olson
Can krud kutter be used on carpet? What is your experience with this product
We use it a lot, in diluted solution. Mainly on rentals or carpet that's old and heavily soiled. Works amazing but as the gentleman said not for warrantied carpet. It will strip protectant

Sent from my SM-G925V using TMF Forums mobile app

Kent dorfman

Nov 12, 2015
Real Name
Kent dorfman
It appears they make a whole line of products by Rustoleum under the Krud Kutter brand. I'm assuming you're talking about the one that is called Original Krud Kutter degreaser. The manufacturer does claim it can be used to remove a number of stains from carpets. It does have a pretty high ph of about 12.7 so I would be uncomfortable using it on nylon and definitely not on any natural fiber. Although it claims it leaves no residue I would have serious doubts about that. In any event, if you choose to use it, always rinse it out. I would not use it on a carpet still under warranty and in general I think it's a bad idea to use over the counter products in what is supposed to be a professional setting.

Btw, that may be a great product. I really don't know. What I do know is I've seen what people do to their carpets over the years, sometimes with disastrous results. I think it's safer and more professional to the customer, to use professional products. I strongly suspect using Krud Kutter on the wrong carpet or rug, especially if it's not rinsed well and neutralized, could remove color or cause other problems. I did find it interesting on the sds that it has one of the same chems in it used in Matrix Olefin TLC.
Thanks for you comment