Kitchen Sink faucet aerator adaptor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Kitchen Sink faucet aerator adaptor

RotoRoy

Nov 28, 2019
Real Name
Roy Knaak Jr
Adjustments.JPG

Im seeing alot more kitchens where its difficult to hook up to the faucet by removing the aerorator and using an adaptor.
- and- the idea of hooking to this picture version makes me a little nervous - because usually the retractable hose that feeds them is questionable.

Theres a newer bathroom aerorator thats presenting the same challenge.

Hooking into shower head is a good alternative-

But do u guys have another workaround idea thats working for the kitchen faucet or those newer “different” bathroom aerorators?

RotoRoy

Nov 28, 2019
Real Name
Roy Knaak Jr
View attachment 88302

Im seeing alot more kitchens where its difficult to hook up to the faucet by removing the aerorator and using an adaptor.
- and- the idea of hooking to this picture version makes me a little nervous - because usually the retractable hose that feeds them is questionable.

Theres a newer bathroom aerorator thats presenting the same challenge.

Hooking into shower head is a good alternative-

But do u guys have another workaround idea thats working for the kitchen faucet or those newer “different” bathroom aerorators?

I also just bought a bathtub /toilet tank sump pump type thing.... hooks to garden hose and pumps to machine pump inlet.

Bathtub is a good heatable option- toilet tank is pretty cold to start with. ( mytee turbo heaters)

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
100% of my high rise jobs are impossible to hook up to. I get around it faster by not doing it at all. I use a 100 oz clear container and let the hot water fill it continuously, any excess goes down the drain flushing the pump out effluent. With my setup if I turn on the sink until the aerator just picks up bubbles I waste very little hot water. I inject chems on the intake side of my pumps for easier always spot on rates.

20180815_104308.jpg

Maybe not the answer you are looking for trying to use no pump, but it's a solid pump option.

If you are dead set on no pump make an under sink shut off rig.

20180121_121021.jpg

Fits every sink everywhere. Takes too much time for me, I will be cleaning already before I can normally setup one of these and mix prespray.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I also just bought a bathtub /toilet tank sump pump type thing.... hooks to garden hose and pumps to machine pump inlet.

Bathtub is a good heatable option- toilet tank is pretty cold to start with. ( mytee turbo heaters)
Yes agree dont use the toilet tank. So much can go wrong there. Better off putting 5 gal bucket in bath tub and leaving the faucet slightly open and on hot. So it keeps bucket topped off. Then suck feed or transfer pump to the machine.
Toilets lol are a no go for water supply. For one they put bleach tabs in there. And those rubber gaskets/flappers disolve. You disturb them, You'll fill your machine with black tar like crap.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
100% of my high rise jobs are impossible to hook up to. I get around it faster by not doing it at all. I use a 100 oz clear container and let the hot water fill it continuously, any excess goes down the drain flushing the pump out effluent. With my setup if I turn on the sink until the aerator just picks up bubbles I waste very little hot water. I inject chems on the intake side of my pumps for easier always spot on rates.

View attachment 88315

Maybe not the answer you are looking for trying to use no pump, but it's a solid pump option.

View attachment 88316

Fits every sink everywhere. Takes too much time for me, I will be cleaning already before I can normally setup one of these and mix prespray.

Very creative Jim.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.

View attachment 88315

View attachment 88316

Jim do you have a YouTube channel?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Thanks I appreciate it man. Maybe something I should think about when it slows down in January.
If you dont want youtube trolls messing with you. You can disable comments or even set privacy. So you can link your video here. But it will remain hidden from anyone who doesnt have the link in front of them to click.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you dont want youtube trolls messing with you. You can disable comments or even set privacy. So you can link your video here. But it will remain hidden from anyone who doesnt have the link in front of them to click.
Thanks I appreciate it man. Maybe something I should think about when it slows down in January.
Can also keep it private with only people you choose to share video with.
Screenshot_20191201-204915_YouTube.jpg

landy5277

Feb 5, 2020
Real Name
Lisa Anderson
Same here. It's very very annoying. We are looking for one too since it started gushing water the other day. We've been looking for a replacement ever since. I've been researching online (hubby is working most of the time) for any good reviews about kitchen faucets (I'd like to know if they are any good or what kind of problems people encounter with different models). I've come across this really nice article that has pros and cons on the best models of kitchen faucets on the market. I'm thinking of buying APPASO Pull-down Kitchen Faucet since it has the qualities I want and it's not really expensive.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'll aerate your kitchen faucet for free.

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada

View attachment 88315

View attachment 88316

damn that's quite a creative idea, but personally I'm using long gooseneck aerator faucet adapter and a 4 ft 3/8" hose since I prefer hooking it up in the washroom (it works 99+% of the time). The long gooseneck one from python allows me to hook up to the regular sink faucet even if they are quite recessed into the housing, if the diameter is the same. However, in the newer houses/condo they dont have that aerator, but they almost always have ball shut-off valves under the sink. Then I can slowly close the valve(DO NOT try this on the older type screw valve, it'll 100% leak), and open the faucet on the hot side to release the pressure and to make sure the valve isn't leaking. Then get a small adjustable wrench and a bit of toilet paper, remove the faucet's hose, and put on the 4' hose. Now you have unlimited hot water with no flow restriction :cool: . but when you open the valve to fill up the tank, make sure the other hand holds the hose steady in the tank to counter the high flow rate's kickback.After the job is done, you can also use it to rinse the recovery tank. You have to make sure everything's done correctly while using the 3/8" to ball valve method and DO NOT use force on the ball valve.

Last edited:

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
the 3/8" 4' hose should also work with the ones under the kitchen sink.
With a good in line heater, you should be able to get really hot water on the wand.
Dishwasher Braided Stainless Steel-3/8-Inch Female Compression Thread X 3/8-Inch Female Compression Thread, 4-Feet (48-Inch) Length
Python 69HD Brass Adapter

Attachments

• 71lf-+k6VML._AC_UL115_.jpg
    71lf-+k6VML._AC_UL115_.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 81xKsft79FL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81xKsft79FL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 85

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
does it have risk? absolutely, the water flow is high so one misstep or no monitoring the fill up then me or jim will have a bunch of water to clean up.
Are we able to eliminate the risk? absolutely as well, I've been using this method in the past two years, I have no problem with it, since ball valves are pretty solid as long as you execute the steps correctly and monitor the fill up. Exposed pex pipes are actually very common in new build houses, since certain buyers want to select certain faucets and sinks from the builders (of course they have both the pex ball valve and main water valve shut off). Source, I've been doing TM furnace/air duct cleaning for 7 years. Personally I have more problems with leaky adapter to faucet connection due to poor faucet to aerator design or poor plastic faucet housing.