Kirby Vac? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Who here uses a Kirby Vac? Curious what yr/model you have and why you selected that particular one? I've been watching a ton of videos and do have to say I like the job the Kirby does but I do plan on purchasing a CRB when the pocket can afford it. I've found a few older/used Kirbys but thought I'd stop by a vac shop to price compare and get some details about the pros/cons of owning one. I know these are heavy vac's and I'm not concerned about that. Just looking for others that own these type of vac's or similar. I have two sanitaires and I don't care for either of them.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
Who here uses a Kirby Vac? Curious what yr/model you have and why you selected that particular one? I've been watching a ton of videos and do have to say I like the job the Kirby does but I do plan on purchasing a CRB when the pocket can afford it. I've found a few older/used Kirbys but thought I'd stop by a vac shop to price compare and get some details about the pros/cons of owning one. I know these are heavy vac's and I'm not concerned about that. Just looking for others that own these type of vac's or similar. I have two sanitaires and I don't care for either of them.

I just bought a Kirby Avalir 2. It has power assist and pushes so nice and easy. Does a great job on digging that soil up. I get lots of compliments from our customers on it.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Probably the best vac
BUT
Essentially they are all the same
Before gen5 they had plastic vacuum fan blades and could shatter easy if you sucked up a coin or something
After gen5 they have Kevlar? Blades and the fan blades are much stronger and last much longer

The only real difference was the Diamond edition that had a 2speed motor useful for stopping bunny hopping on thicker shag type of carpet

They have a motorised gearbox which drives/assists you as you pull and push it back and forth

Other than that
Avalir is the same as sentria same as generation 5 same as generation 6 WHATEVER
Kirby just changes the look/colour so they can con the next wave of housewives into spending thousands of dollars on the newest latest vacuum on the market @ 2.5p per week on a payment plan

For a carpet cleaner All the attachments are useless
Except the mattress stair handle
And the turbo upholstery brush attachment
Those 2 things aren’t enough to want to buy new
$100 on Craigslist for a brand new never used complicated vac “the wife” can’t be bothered using because it’s too heavy to get out the cupboard

I have a Diamond Edition great vac.
If it was bag less I’d use it more often
But I use the Sanitaire with bag less kit.....

Last edited:
Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Probably the best vac
BUT
Essentially they are all the same
Before gen5 they had plastic vacuum fan blades and could shatter easy if you sucked up a coin or something
After gen5 they have Kevlar? Blades and the fan blades are much stronger and last much longer

The only real difference was the Diamond edition that had a 2speed motor useful for stopping bunny hopping on thicker shag type of carpet

They have a motorised gearbox which drives/assists you as you pull and push it back and forth

Other than that
Avalir is the same as sentria same as generation 5 same as generation 6 WHATEVER
Kirby just changes the look/colour so they can con the next wave of housewives into spending thousands of dollars on the newest latest vacuum on the market @ 2.5p per week on a payment plan

For a carpet cleaner All the attachments are useless
Except the mattress stair handle
And the turbo upholstery brush attachment
Those 2 things aren’t enough to want to buy new
$100 on Craigslist for a brand new never used complicated vac “the wife” can’t be bothered using because it’s too heavy to get out the cupboard

I have a Diamond Edition great vac.
If it was bag less I’d use it more often
But I use the Sanitaire with bag less kit.....
I think someone sells a kit for the Kirby.
I had the gen 5 i think it was. Bought it on ebay under 100 bucks. And came with everything. Other than needing a belt it was in excellent condition. It was a pain on loose carpeting like entry mats. It would suck them up off tge floor and get stuck. But it worked awesome on wall to wall. Just wished i had gotten the bagless kit. The bags for those things fill fast.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke