robbighead

Aug 6, 2009
Grays Harbor, Washington
www.nw-cleaning.com
Real Name
Rob Bighead
Business Location
United States
Well, I run 50 feet of vac hose with my portable. I have to go really slow becuase I just have 1 vacuum.

I just upgraded my 1 1/2 inch to a 2 inch vacuum hose. What a huge difference. I can actually hear the air flow at the wand really good now.

Pretty excited about getting 2 - 3 stage vacuums in my machine. On my way from good dry times to GREAT dry times. Well I think anything with a 4 hour dry time or less is great.

robbighead

Aug 6, 2009
Grays Harbor, Washington
www.nw-cleaning.com
Real Name
Rob Bighead
Business Location
United States
Sweet! Yeah I just dumped a big glass of water by my bed.

Did a few dry stokes then put my knees on the wet spot a few minutes later and my pants were dry when I lifted them up.

I'm startin to think why get a truckmount.

Classicboss

Jul 30, 2008
Ithaca, New York
www.classiccarpetcareservice.com
Real Name
Dan Langendoerfer
Business Location
United States
haha you guys crack me up!!! I cleaned with high pressure and 3 three stage vac motors and a little giant heater for years before I purchased my truck mount... the portables were great but nothing even close to a truck mount so don't fool yourself... since purchasing my truck mount I have tippled my income so it way offsets the maintenance costs and less hard time labor too, don't knock truck mounts until you try one... I'm sure you all will be very impressed with the power, heat and the amazing dry times with a TM.

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
robbighead;

Vacuum power IS the most important factor in extraction cleaning.

There are several brand new "high-airwatt" 3-stage vac motors that have 25% more power,
than commonly used 3-stage vac motors.

We recently built one with three of these new 3-stage vac motors.

http://www.this company does not support TMF.com/breeze3-3sts.jpg
It also has a high-pressure pump delivering 1.4 GPM ...,
and a pump-out system.

Larry

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
haha you guys crack me up!!! I cleaned with high pressure and 3 three stage vac motors and a little giant heater for years before I purchased my truck mount... the portables were great but nothing even close to a truck mount so don't fool yourself... since purchasing my truck mount I have tippled my income so it way offsets the maintenance costs and less hard time labor too, don't knock truck mounts until you try one... I'm sure you all will be very impressed with the power, heat and the amazing dry times with a TM.

LOL......We know they are JUST portables, hence...it's in the porty section!:confused:

Go start another porty vs. truckmount thread somewhere else dude!

BTW: Now you are cracking me up!! hahahahahahahaha

Chadly

Sep 28, 2009
Minnesota
Real Name
Chad Kerkvliet
Business Location
United States
Larry,

Why did you use Jim's little body pump motor? I thought you were using the larger ones? Is that regulator on the pump out or the pump?

Chad

CleanBean

Dec 11, 2009
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Thomas Woods
Business Location
United States
Naw Boss, we aren't fooling ourselves...we just trying to get off the ground and work our way up...just as you did. Portables give us that chance and even when I get to owning that TM, I'll still have two portys on standby to provide versatility. Quite a few hi risers in my area and a portable can be a great advantage in those.

And remember...you said you cleaned for years with a porty...if you didn't...you may not have that TM! peace

Ryno

Apr 14, 2009
Arkansas
Real Name
Ryan Jackson
Business Location
United States
Larry have you used those? How do you keep from throwing breakers running all that on two cords?
Posted via Mobile Device

Classicboss

Jul 30, 2008
Ithaca, New York
www.classiccarpetcareservice.com
Real Name
Dan Langendoerfer
Business Location
United States
Naw Boss, we aren't fooling ourselves...we just trying to get off the ground and work our way up...just as you did. Portables give us that chance and even when I get to owning that TM, I'll still have two portys on standby to provide versatility. Quite a few hi risers in my area and a portable can be a great advantage in those.

And remember...you said you cleaned for years with a porty...if you didn't...you may not have that TM! peace
Guys, Don't get me wrong here, I love portables too! I have three of them as well. I still clean with them when the job calls for it, I have cleaned with portables for over 25 years full time and they have made us a great living too, My father started in business with Porty's over 40 years ago. There's more portables than truck mounts out there I'm fairly sure. One thing for sure a good Portable won't let you down and most breakdowns can be fixed quickly too. I apologize if I insulted anyone with my previous reply its not my intention to do so. peace

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
I know what Dan is trying to say. However I have 2 other gas burners working. I have managed to keep them afloat with hard work and adjustments here and there.

My Recoil by far is the most profitable; and when I put that Power Booster at the last 50 feet before the wand I can honestly say it can keep up with my gas burners(1 Has 33 other 36 blower) in production. When i run kero or Propane I have faster dry times. That is the reason I added inline kero / propane heaters to my gas burners.

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
Larry have you used those? How do you keep from throwing breakers running all that on two cords?
Posted via Mobile Device
One cord requires 20 amp circuit,

the other cord requires 15 amp circuit.

Chad: We did not use the larger pump motor because of space considerations.

Larry

C Spot Stop

Jul 10, 2007
Space Coast sunny Florida
Real Name
Phil
Business Location
United States
For the record:
I own/use a Boxxer 421. I also own/use a mytee 'speedster' 100 psi 2, 2 stage vac. no internal heat.

There is little difference in speed. THAT is not a consideration for me.

My fire breathing TM is for sale and I am going BACK to porty use.

TM is faster set-up when the carpet is right at the back door of the truck. Not-so-much when the hose run is 100' or more.

If you want speed, stop vacuuming, grooming and no more prespraying.

speed does not always equal profit margin.

If you want your rep to be on quality... any decent machine will work.

Let the wet/jet splash/dash giants worry about speed. I worry about referrals. (and get em)

'stepping up' to tm is not always the best idea. Take advantage of your low cost porty...and pocket the extra cash. Never let someone else business plan or model determine YOUR goals.

PortableMan

Dec 25, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Real Name
Alex E
Business Location
United States

Were talking Portables,everyone knows Truckmount are better. Have my Ninja for 6 years depenable and make good money. Just trying to help a guy that was mad with his Portable Machine. peace

CleanBean

Dec 11, 2009
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Thomas Woods
Business Location
United States
I worked with my Mytee M5 today under my boss' company name and this is what I accomplished.

- 2 Wet vacs of 2BR apts, pulled pad, and Milban 1-2-3 treatment.

- 4 Apt carpets cleaned (2 - 1br and 2 2 br)

Now...*if* I'm working for my self that's $ 600 - 700 easy in 1 day!!!

Not bad for a guy with his porty. And soon that will be my take on a day!

Sure...a TM is better but I'll take that for a days work! ;

I'm not sure I'll go to a TM yet because if I can run a setup with 2 portys that can run from a van...I may stand pat on that!!! :AddEmoticons04259:

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
My porty gets the job done. But I can not wait to get me a nice TM setup. I would not over invest in a porty unless my primary use was for skyrises or other non TM reachable jobs. And even then I would focus on encaps.

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
Consider this..

Well, I run 50 feet of vac hose with my portable. I have to go really slow becuase I just have 1 vacuum.

I just upgraded my 1 1/2 inch to a 2 inch vacuum hose. What a huge difference. I can actually hear the air flow at the wand really good now.

Pretty excited about getting 2 - 3 stage vacuums in my machine. On my way from good dry times to GREAT dry times. Well I think anything with a 4 hour dry time or less is great.
I see you have a US Products porty, I do as well Cobra H-2 I kept my hose run standard at 15 ft. No upgrades. Standard 5.7 /150 psi sureflo pump & 2000watt heater. I upgraded my wand to the evolution. A 100% improvement. The best $500 I could of ever invested. It does evreything it claims, More soil removal, Faster dry times Im at 1-2hrs for moderate to heavy soil jobs In 50deg rainy weather. I do clean it after every job so there are no clogs. at the glide. My advice consider a better wand.

Latest posts