jeffvanburen

Mar 3, 2007
Michigan
www.carpetrestoreandmore.com
Real Name
Jeff Van Buren
Business Location
United States
I did and was very disatisfied with it. US Products have a bad rep, many boards search and read more. I know the customer service I had dealt with was extremely poor but that was 4 years ago. It was a heavy machine and weight was not distributed well, not stair freindly.

Jarrod E

Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Real Name
Jarrod Elliott
Business Location
Australia
Hi Mate,

thanks foy your reply, I have now decided against purchasing the king cobra, I had a call from another king cobra user here in Aust who has advised me against purchasing one due to the circuit breaking due to different voltage used her is Aust.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I was gonna say, wait for SeriousHeat....he uses one every once in while. He could tell you a bit more.

I have only played with one at a carpet supply house. IMO, they are very pricey, and heavy but they are cool with the built in reel and they have (if I remember right) a lot of cool features like: auto in/out, built in heater, chemical injection, and a nifty wand holder to roll it around.

IMO for the price, there are a lot of good portables out there that will suit you just fine for less money. Good Luck! Let us know which way you go!

Jarrod E

Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Real Name
Jarrod Elliott
Business Location
Australia
hey Floorguy,

I have decided to go against buying any USA products, only for the reason that I will have limited support over here when something breaks.

you think the cobra is expensive...lol

prices in australia range from 6000-12,000 for top of the line portables for for a decent machine from Aust you would be looking at 8,000us +

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I did and was very disatisfied with it. US Products have a bad rep, many boards search and read more. I know the customer service I had dealt with was extremely poor but that was 4 years ago. It was a heavy machine and weight was not distributed well, not stair freindly.
I have researched them a little but I do not have one. I believe they mount their motors on top of the unit which allows them to use less ducting which they claim increases suck. Also in leaks and mishaps the vac motors are less likely to get wet.

I have seen claimed that vac motors last longer if they are in the upright position. Just a guess but when the vac sucks up some foam and/or water with the motor above the vac it is less likely to get wet.

Rick

Latest posts