Kick Acid, am I doing something wrong? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Kick Acid, am I doing something wrong?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Pee stained grout under a urinal, I sprayed a bit of kick acid on it, expected to see some fizzing but nothing. Scrubbed it a bit and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then rinsed and extracted. Zero improvement. Rinsed the floor more, extracted it so it was a dry clean surface, a little more kick acid, let it sit for 10 minutes... Nothing. I swabbed a little bit of our acid based toilet bowl cleaner on and immediately started eating away at it. Less than a minute I rinsed it and the stain was gone.

What am I missing with the Kick Acid?

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Pee stained grout under a urinal, I sprayed a bit of kick acid on it, expected to see some fizzing but nothing. Scrubbed it a bit and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then rinsed and extracted. Zero improvement. Rinsed the floor more, extracted it so it was a dry clean surface, a little more kick acid, let it sit for 10 minutes... Nothing. I swabbed a little bit of our acid based toilet bowl cleaner on and immediately started eating away at it. Less than a minute I rinsed it and the stain was gone.

Kick acid is a rinse. That's how I use it. I've not read the entire label but I wasn't aware you can use it to clean tile. Perhaps a stronger acid will suit you better. Maybe I'm missing something.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States

I don't know what I was thinking. I was way off.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I don’t know if heat will reduce the efficiency or not. Has the bottle you used been in the van for a while?
Could have gotten hot in the UPS truck. I was home when they delivered it, went from his hands into mine and down in the cool basement (65 degrees all year round) until I needed it for a job. Even still it's been a cool summer, I don't think the van's been over 90 degrees from sitting in the sun.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The label says to spray it from a pump sprayer but I just squirted a little out of the bottle into the grout. Seemed pretty unnecessary to put it in a sprayer for 8 inches of grout. Could that be the problem?

The toilet bowl cleaner I use is 23% hydrochloric acid, that sure ate through it. Maybe I needed something stronger but I should have seen at least some kind of improvement right?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
The label says to spray it from a pump sprayer but I just squirted a little out of the bottle into the grout. Seemed pretty unnecessary to put it in a sprayer for 8 inches of grout. Could that be the problem?

The toilet bowl cleaner I use is 23% hydrochloric acid, that sure ate through it. Maybe I needed something stronger but I should have seen at least some kind of improvement right?
You would think. Tomorrow go outside and put a drop of the kick acid on a concrete sidewalk and see if there is any reaction.