Keeping wheels clean

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I just recently bought the Orbot Vibe the big wheels on the back are rubber and I know dirt and gravel are going to stick in them my thought was to put shower caps on them during transportation I need to keep them wheels clean for when I clean wood floor anybody have ideas

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I wipe wheels down with rag before using. But if it were me and i had a long way to go before getting inside. Ide maybe use a cart or hand truck. Anything you put on wheels will shread. I tried tape once but that was a huge mistake.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I just use wet rag. But the presprayed carpet seems to do good job cleaning wheels off for me :D on wood what would worry me more is grit or small rocks stuck in the tires that might scratch.
It is worrying me my husband does sheet metal work I’m gonna try to cap them to keep them some what clean till I get to the job clean wheels after removing

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It is worrying me my husband does sheet metal work I’m gonna try to cap them to keep them some what clean till I get to the job clean wheels after removing
Over kill. Just get some shrink wrap film mini 6" Heavy weight stuff. Wrap tires up good. Then just use knife to remove. No residue to worry about. Can do this over and over if you want. Or use tape. But put something over tire to keep tape from sticking to tire. Sandwich wrap or whatever. Then put a layer of duct tape over that.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Over kill. Just get some shrink wrap film mini 6" Heavy weight stuff. Wrap tires up good. Then just use knife to remove. No residue to worry about. Can do this over and over if you want. Or use tape. But put something over tire to keep tape from sticking to tire. Sandwich wrap or whatever. Then put a layer of duct tape over that.
I was closer with my first thought shower caps 2 heads are better than one