Keeping my prespray hot

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
My 4 jet dang wand seems to have excellent flow.
I totally agree about high heat. If I can get a consistent 160 or so I’d be fine. Much over that I don’t see any need for residential carpet. I crb every job so get tons of agitation an dwell time in.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I have some guys in this area who seem determined to scorch carpets. They complain that they're "not getting above 220" and they "need better heat to clean right".

shakes head

If I'm hitting 160, I'm happy. 180 makes me sing with joy. Too much more than that, I can't handle the darn lines. I'm a wimp.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Why not just add in a bucket heater
Can only be used in a bucket. One of ore then to have to plug in. I'm sure it a viable option if needed. But if I can get the hot water mlm
I have some guys in this area who seem determined to scorch carpets. They complain that they're "not getting above 220" and they "need better heat to clean right".

shakes head

If I'm hitting 160, I'm happy. 180 makes me sing with joy. Too much more than that, I can't handle the darn lines. I'm a wimp.
160 is hot!!!! You cannot keep your hand in that hot of water. At least I cant.
I'm going to pick up a few temp gauges to mount.
One directly after my heater and one on the wand like jim suggested.
I think I may get better control of the heater that way as far as dry stroking and letting the heater do its job. I'm still going to be adding hot water from now on.
Im getting plenty of flow now, and with my new booster I'm thinking it's going to really speed things up.

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

shakes head

Agree that’s the zone I want. I see no need for ultra high heat.....

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Agree that’s the zone I want. I see no need for ultra high heat.....
Once you have ultra high heat it is hard to go back.
True it is not necessary and I work a lot without it and right now we're working without it because it's flipping cold out so the Little Giant is left in my house lol
The edic works fine.
Ultra high heat really comes into play when you're dealing with super nasty greasy stuff. For most residential it is an unnecessary

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Once you have ultra high heat it is hard to go back.
True it is not necessary and I work a lot without it and right now we're working without it because it's flipping cold out so the Little Giant is left in my house lol
The edic works fine.
Ultra high heat really comes into play when you're dealing with super nasty greasy stuff. For most residential it is an unnecessary
Exactly, there maybe a day I need to crank it up if my work changes course. Which I hope one day it will! I’m sure for greasy tile it would benefit me. But I’m stuck all day cleaning carpet that in many areas wouldn’t even need to be cleaned.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Exactly, there maybe a day I need to crank it up if my work changes course. Which I hope one day it will! I’m sure for greasy tile it would benefit me. But I’m stuck all day cleaning carpet that in many areas wouldn’t even need to be cleaned.
Yeah it's kind of hard when a customer refers to something as filthy when you think you could just take a rag to it the pictures were taken before cleaning lol
20190206_115307~2.jpg
20190206_115308~2.jpg

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Amen brother. You know exactly the kind of market I’m in very much like yours. Yet your way bigger and do commercial where I have one commercial acct.
I figured it out. All this banter back and fourth I always appreciate gets me thinking. Why do I need to worry about a generator. My truck has a 30 amp circuit the it came with. Currently my trucks filthy all this snow and bad weather. Gotta go wash it before the next job.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Both motors won’t run on 10g however huh?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
you can always turn the heat down, we dont run those high temps on jobs that dont need it.

but personally even medium soil cleans much better at 200 than 160, by better I mean more efficiently

I cant even begin to tell you how many customers "holy shit" at the effect of the steam, "the last guy definitely didnt have that"

its a show sure, I can clean fine a with rug dr or a bissel.. I can also clean fine with a regular van but we choose this equipment and big box trucks because it has a very positive impact on customers.

we push these things heavily in our marketing and its apart of our brand, it sets us apart from the 200+ other guys in our city running a chevy express, its part why we can demand .50 cents per square foot.

other guys are charging $200 for what we do for $450, yet our customers are our biggest advertising and theirs cant even remember their name, and they keep running cheap deals like the rest of the pack.

Dont under estimate the impact you make on every job, every little thing counts even if your customers dont actually verbally tell you. Having every thing you bring in the house branded and clean looking all showing your labels will set you apart big time.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
You sound like one awesome business guy! Glad to hear your killing it! Curious are you working at the moment? My tiny business only had two jobs today. I went home, grabbed lunch and headed back at it.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Isn't that Mission Art's and Craft's style furniture, (i.e Greene and Greene) with a Tiffany lamp?
The cabinet in the back is a shaker
Yes the furniture is mission arts and crafts for the most part I do believe that one lamp is Tiffany and I thought it had a picture of the dining room set as well which is Chip and Dale I was there with the appraiser after water cleanup

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
You sound like one awesome business guy! Glad to hear your killing it! Curious are you working at the moment? My tiny business only had two jobs today. I went home, grabbed lunch and headed back at it.
No I'm not the guys are lol I worked hard to get here lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
No I'm not the guys are lol I worked hard to get here lol
I wasn’t messaging you...lol :p
Actually my staffs cleaning homes today mainly. I booked two carpet jobs. I’m getting too old. Lol