Keeping my prespray hot | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Keeping my prespray hot

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
NEVER ever and I mean never connect to any water heater drain!!!

One simply never touches those!
Got it jim. And honestly I like that a whole lot better. You start opening and closing old rusty valves and your just asking for it!!! Specially if that w as ther heater is in the house!! And many still are here

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Ok threaded pipe coming of flex line collar. I'm lost after the pipe. Thats not a quick release is it???

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
@Clean-n-mean where did you score a free heater?! Oh man I’m jealous! That’s awesome

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
It's literally 2 mins for me to add TM heat. But I designed it to be plug and play and run it off either a range or dryer outlet. 99% of the job sites in NC have an electric range and it has easy access to the plug by simply removing the warming drawer giving you access to 80-100 amps. This entire laundry room setup literally took a couple minutes on a cold rainy day and our slide in TM was parked outside, we had plenty of heat, flow and vacuum.

View attachment 82798
wow thats some innovation there! we have too much natural gas here these days so dryer plug would be only option which many times is not on main level of the home.

whats in the larger box on the cart? is that a booster?

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Connecting to water heater drains is always a bad idea. Besides the fact that they always leak, the bottom of the heater is usually full of sediment, especially if they are on a well. So you will suck up all kinds of sand and dirt.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
wow thats some innovation there! we have too much natural gas here these days so dryer plug would be only option which many times is not on main level of the home.

whats in the larger box on the cart? is that a booster?
The larger cart is my ETM that I clean with daily. Everything in that picture is about equal to your Judson performance wise, heat flow and vacuum.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
President trump's speaking now. Waiting for wall update
....lol

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The larger cart is my ETM that I clean with daily. Everything in that picture is about equal to your Judson performance wise, heat flow and vacuum.
and much cheaper than a judson... but, that judson did over $22k in january ;) personally ive never seen a portable hit anywhere near those numbers for a reason.

perception of value in the customers mind goes a loooooonnng way

regardless its a cool set up :)

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
and much cheaper than a judson... but, that judson did over $22k in january ;) personally ive never seen a portable hit anywhere near those numbers for a reason.

perception of value in the customers mind goes a loooooonnng way

regardless its a cool set up :)
I'm sorry that I inadvertently threatened you, that was not my intention. I was merely replying to you post. Carry on.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I'm sorry that I inadvertently threatened you, that was not my intention. I was merely replying to you post. Carry on.
Lol no worries Jim i didnt mean the response to sound that way, was just giving an example of what a TM can produce and why a portable set up, while having similar performance, still lacks in production.

I was actuslly very big into ETMs and porty for a long time. I built everything starting from all portable work and then ETM for 5 years.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Lol no worries Jim i didnt mean the response to sound that way, was just giving an example of what a TM can produce and why a portable set up, while having similar performance, still lacks in production.

I was actuslly very big into ETMs and porty for a long time. I built everything starting from all portable work and then ETM for 5 years.
I just found production to be more individual base than equipment based but the equipment definitely helps you out.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I guess the only reason i even state the case for a tm is I see a lot of guys go down the ETM rabbit hole and waste soo much money. @Jim Davisson is not one of them and he has his system very well figured out... but youll quickly spend the cost of this machine messing with electric vacs and 3+ powercords, generators etc.

20190205_160249.jpg

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I ran a dual 3 stage ETM, 500psi pump, booster, little giant #3 5yrs

I can personally tell you theres no comparison between that set up and the TM i pictured above and price was very similar.

Vacuum not even close, heat similar as we were running an LG, set up time running powercords into the home finding plugs occasionally popping circuits, funny wiring in some homes, old wiring in others

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yet in our freezing temps tonight my machine is inside nice and toasty :)
Your point is well taken. But as you know both have a very valid place and serve valid purposes.