Keep track of your clients

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Right now I just enter all my client info into excel.

Can anyone tell me why Quickbooks would be better?
QB has all the regular accounting features plus we can email invoices from the program, do direct deposits, we can receive payments by CC or invoice. We set up reminders in QB to alert us when to send out mailings too. Like reminder cards, or if a bill isn't paid in a given amount of time.

For me QB allows me to see the numbers like on the monthly P&L. I can also flash an accounts copy and they can do corrections for me and then I can plug it into my system. The accountants copy allows them to do my taxes too.
I have four companies, and each company is kept separate within QB.
Depending on the version; there is the ability to track inventory and do POS.

There is a lot more to it but these are some of the features I use.

Reactions: aloha one

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
After features, I am all for minimal clicks. Especially when going to next job. I absolutely loath. having to click through a bunch of unnecessary crap every job. Has to be integrated with maps. That's a definite .....Day, customer, take me to! oh and tell them i'm coming ! I been using a app that I can just click directions and it inputs customers address into maps instantly, for about 3 years. but it's just scheduling software. I see CF does this now. These guys are getting some good stuff in there.
When i'm done with job. Last thing I want to do is sit in the driveway. But I also want to know which way to go before I squeal out of the driveway!. A feature like a big NEXT button that just goes right to maps with directions ready to roll to the next one. would be cool AF!

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Subscriptions, subscriptions, subscriptions!!! I stopped 2 companies last month from taking my hard earned money EVERY month! My web guy hates this idea of anything monthly, if you just pay one set up fee, then different story! And he said don't waste your money, many programs/software is free!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
HCP here

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Subscriptions, subscriptions, subscriptions!!! I stopped 2 companies last month from taking my hard earned money EVERY month! My web guy hates this idea of anything monthly, if you just pay one set up fee, then different story! And he said don't waste your money, many programs/software is free!
But then you don't have access to the updates?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The problem is they come to tell you "their mirrors are better than you diamonds" and most buy that crap. If you explore Google Apps or I cloud, in depth you will notice that you have all you need and more within those applications EVERYTHING

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Those this program keep your client info, if you decide to stop using it down the road for whatever reason?
Do they market to your list?
Nope.

Here is the statement from the terms of service:
Customer Data
Individual customer data entered or imported by the Pro shall remain the property of the Pro. HouseCall will not market to a Pro's customers without the consent of the Pro.

http://tryhousecall.com/terms_pro

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Pinosan has scared me to much with hcp lol
index.php

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Just sign up for it since it's free for owner operators

I'll see what's up
I do like the customer factor.

I'm leaning towards that one
Why not service monster? I personally didn't care much for customer factor, but I had used SM two years prior so had different expectations. My only hang up with SM is the cost vs everyone else, but I believe they lowered their start up price to $199, then $80/month...plus whatever for the cards. I've spoke to several who spend $200-$250 a month for subscription + reminder cards. Which is where I'm desperately lacking with remarketing.

I admit tho, TCF is probably better bang for your buck, but I want the best option with this decision, whatever the cost.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Why not service monster? I personally didn't care much for customer factor, but I had used SM two years prior so had different expectations. My only hang up with SM is the cost vs everyone else, but I believe they lowered their start up price to $199, then $80/month...plus whatever for the cards. I've spoke to several who spend $200-$250 a month for subscription + reminder cards. Which is where I'm desperately lacking with remarketing.

I admit tho, TCF is probably better bang for your buck, but I want the best option with this decision, whatever the cost.
Merry Xmas Mista Hit! Did you have a GREEN Xmas?

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg

You should check out HouseCall Pro, at least do a 1:1 Live demo to see the walkthrough. It's significantly cheaper, and more mobile + remarketing features. Just go to: http://www.tryhousecall.com/tmf

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States

The re marketing is one of my main goals this year. I have no system in place.

I need to start hitting up old clients and keeping in contact every month or so

JC Upholstery Cleaning

Nov 11, 2015
Miami, Florida
www.steamcleanmiami.com
Real Name
Leslie Pereira
Business Location
United States
You should check out HouseCall Pro, at least do a 1:1 Live demo to see the walkthrough. It's significantly cheaper, and more mobile + remarketing features. Just go to: http://www.tryhousecall.com/tmf
I took this advice and had the demo yesterday, and I'm pretty impressed. Google calendar is great, but I also am looking for remarketing. HCP charge 0.65 per postcard, which is extremely reasonable. And, I love the texting feature, the invoices. It puts everything in one place for me, which is a huge plus.