Just spent an hour and 6 beers looking up the first post I ever made in TMF. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Just spent an hour and 6 beers looking up the first post I ever made in TMF.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Here it is. https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/motor-oil-grease-stain.21377/ It was posted August 11, 2011. It's bitter sweet.
I learned almost everything I know about carpet, rug, upholstery, Tile & Grout, and stone cleaning from either TMF or TMFers.
I was a lurker for a few months before I posted anything. Now I've got over 24,000 posts. I had just done doing over 11 years in prison. Trying to look for a new way to reinvent myself and make an honest and legal living.
Here we are over 9 years later and I'm still cleaning carpets and making a good living which I have to admit was due to TMF and the guys that helped me who we're also on TMF.
Most are gone now for whatever reason. This makes me very sad. This place use to be so helpful and wonderful. But sadly it appears those days are long gone.
I will share that this last week I took on a newbie for a ride along on a job to show him the business. It was only one small job. But I did it because he sounded like a good guy, and I felt I needed to repay what other former people did to teach my dumb ass.
While Rob Allen and I pretty much disagree on most everything going on here now. This place taught me everything I know and made me the business man I am today. And for that i am very grateful.

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
Good job Johnny way to show the people that we all can screw up and still be a somebody and turn it around .

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Here it is. https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/motor-oil-grease-stain.21377/ It was posted August 11, 2011. It's bitter sweet.
I learned almost everything I know about carpet, rug, upholstery, Tile & Grout, and stone cleaning from either TMF or TMFers.
I was a lurker for a few months before I posted anything. Now I've got over 24,000 posts. I had just done doing over 11 years in prison. Trying to look for a new way to reinvent myself and make an honest and legal living.
Here we are over 9 years later and I'm still cleaning carpets and making a good living which I have to admit was due to TMF and the guys that helped me who we're also on TMF.
Most are gone now for whatever reason. This makes me very sad. This place use to be so helpful and wonderful. But sadly it appears those days are long gone.
I will share that this last week I took on a newbie for a ride along on a job to show him the business. It was only one small job. But I did it because he sounded like a good guy, and I felt I needed to repay what other former people did to teach my dumb ass.
While Rob Allen and I pretty much disagree on most everything going on here now. This place taught me everything I know and made me the business man I am today. And for that i am very grateful.
Yeah man it’s a much different place not for the better now......I read before joining for 4years and it was a really dynamic forum. Nothing against Rob it’s not on him in my opinion. Just how it is as things change. Can still get the help you need.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Good old Scott was your first responder. I am also wondering my first post ever in these tmf forums.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I appreciate your observations, gratitude and wish you continued success Johnny.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I recently joined the tmf facebook and things are rolling there. Forums are old school now. I also noticed how slow tmf forum got.
Bittersweet truth. I remember the days I could barely keep up with the posts on here but now I can barely keep up with TMF FB group. Couple notes. The amount of unique IP visits, search and reads has actually gone up over the years on forum. I think many come to read, study and learn how to start up. But conversations have been replaced with speed and simplicity of one place that can be for personal and business, Facebook.

The most irritating thing is Zuckerburg set out to replace/destroy forums so he can monopolize content and more importantly to him he has shown, control information. He leans far left and with his platform he can manipulate entire populations to his agendas while making tons money. He owns all the content on FB, can shut anyone down if the political views are not his and he just grows larger every day. This is the "new world" of forums and the agenda of the "new world order".

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
Bittersweet truth. I remember the days I could barely keep up with the posts on here but now I can barely keep up with TMF FB group. Couple notes. The amount of unique IP visits, search and reads has actually gone up over the years on forum. I think many come to read, study and learn how to start up. But conversations have been replaced with speed and simplicity of one place that can be for personal and business, Facebook.

The most irritating thing is Zuckerburg set out to replace/destroy forums so he can monopolize content and more importantly to him he has shown, control information. He leans far left and with his platform he can manipulate entire populations to his agendas while making tons money. He owns all the content on FB, can shut anyone down if the political views are not his and he just grows larger every day. This is the "new world" of forums and the agenda of the "new world order".
A lot of the unique IP visits could be spammers that think TMF forums is another form of yelp

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Yup. I’ve been using Facebook advertising the last few months snd it’s really been working well. Then I go to reply to a customer on Friday to find this. I’m locked out of Facebook for some posts made months ago, most likely when all the riots started. Facebook won’t even show me what comments I’m in trouble for. Pisses me off.
3469D216-EEA1-460F-A783-F6C97B4B7C63.png
354B98F4-74B1-4E2B-B775-DD236DDC173D.png

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yup. I’ve been using Facebook advertising the last few months snd it’s really been working well. Then I go to reply to a customer on Friday to find this. I’m locked out of Facebook for some posts made months ago, most likely when all the riots started. Facebook won’t even show me what comments I’m in trouble for. Pisses me off.
View attachment 94067View attachment 94068

I rest my case.

Sorry to hear Todd. Communism sucks.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
We can still ask cc questions and get excellent answers on TMF. The urgency of this political outcome is unique to this election. We should excuse the fervor and welcome the willingness of those participating in a useful dialog free of almost all ad hominem attacks. The participation of fellow cc’s makes the conversation even more interesting, I think.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I too am grateful for TMF. There would be no TMF without my son and his computer skills. I’ve learned a ton here, met many great people and over the last few years the platform has helped our family business. We built TMF from nothing to what it is today. Yes, the forum is not as busy as it was due to Zuckerburg but our Facebook, YouTube, online store and even our local store is booming. For all the above I am grateful. Especially when folks from all around the world show up to buy or just talk shop.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I too am grateful for TMF. There would be no TMF without my son and his computer skills. I’ve learned a ton here, met many great people and over the last few years the platform has helped our family business. We built TMF from nothing to what it is today. Yes, the forum is not as busy as it was due to Zuckerburg but our Facebook, YouTube, online store and even our local store is booming. For all the above I am grateful. Especially when folks from all around the world show up to buy or just talk shop.

Hey Rob I would love to visit your shop and meet you in person, it's only couple of hours of flight to your city from Toronto. I will wait for the pandemic to end.

Reactions: rob allen