Just got approved today for a van with $35,000 in equipment.what to do?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I put $8k down on my 575
I ended up putting 17k down to get my 1.9%.
Got my Apex , installation and a full ton Transit with 6' ceiling.
My van payment is at a cost of under a days work.
Some guys like to run their shit into the ground to avoid a payment but once you've depreciated out the vehicle and the TM, I like to start thinking about replacement

Reactions: matt30577

bigboy

Aug 25, 2015
Texas
Real Name
Cody Ford
I ended up putting 17k down to get my 1.9%.
Got my Apex , installation and a full ton Transit with 6' ceiling.
My van payment is at a cost of under a days work.
Some guys like to run their shit into the ground to avoid a payment but once you've depreciated out the vehicle and the TM, I like to start thinking about replacement

You probably get asked this a lot but I notice you mention Apex a lot. I'm guessing you would pick that over the El Diablo?....

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Yup
There's a reason why it's such a popular model
El Diablo isn't getting much love lately. OP may wanna ask a FEW people with it before the Purchase. @suncarpet has one.

If I got approved for that personally I'd go sprinter & SS870. All the machine you'll ever need.

Reactions: russrroberts

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
El Diablo isn't getting much love lately. OP may wanna ask a FEW people with it before the Purchase. @suncarpet has one.

If I got approved for that personally I'd go sprinter & SS870. All the machine you'll ever need.
870 is a beast but there's something to be said about the simplicity of an Apex.
It's the best designed machine I've ever had.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
870 is a beast but there's something to be said about the simplicity of an Apex.
It's the best designed machine I've ever had.
I agree, and the resale value of the prochem is awesome. Can't beat their tried & true units. Jury still out on SS long term. But personally I need a rig that'll pull 500' vacuum for my high rises that want TM HWE. And true dual capabilities. Making the move soon, my only issue is an express van is about all that'll fit in my high rise garages, and I'm not putting an 870 in an express....soooooo. we'll see, not a fan of the Everest or I'd go that route.

Reactions: matt30577

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Don't pay attention most times but I rarely run it on hot because its just not necessary in most cases.
Just came from a night job where I used it on hot at 800 psi and it was running well over 230 at the machine.

Mike does that apex go thru a lot of water? I have read how the ss570 ends up dumping a fair amount of water to keep the hx cool unless there is a lot of flow. Makes it seems like an apo is a necessity and then of course there is a lot of rinse and onboard water being wasted. My ss370 doesnt have that problem it doesnt dump water at all.

I love the idea of a little bigger water cooled machine one day but dumping water would piss me off im sure

Thx in advance

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Mike does that apex go thru a lot of water? I have read how the ss570 ends up dumping a fair amount of water to keep the hx cool unless there is a lot of flow. Makes it seems like an apo is a necessity and then of course there is a lot of rinse and onboard water being wasted. My ss370 doesnt have that problem it doesnt dump water at all.

I love the idea of a little bigger water cooled machine one day but dumping water would piss me off im sure

Thx in advance
Big machines dump a lot of water because the 4 cylinder, fuel injected injected engines are programmed to run so hot for the emission rulings (burning any excess fuel).
It's the only way they can keep themselves cooler.
One of my favorite things about the Apex is it doesn't dump water unnecessarily.
I'm no engineer but I'd guess it's because of the 3 cylinder carberated kubota.
They're an excellent engine.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

Thx in advance

What's the longest hose run you have done confidently with your 370?

Thanks

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
What's the longest hose run you have done confidently with your 370?

Thanks

i only have 50 hrs on it, the longest i have done is 200 ft but it was fine. I believe 250 would be no sweat. NOt sure about 300. I don't even have 300 ft of hose though.

I love the machine, it doesn't have many hours on it so i haven't run it long enough to have any potential problems. Heat is very good, i run 7.5 flow, have cleaned tile etc and when its really cold it won't hold max heat, but i think even on a cold day, keeping trigger keyed open it will maintain 195 or 200.

On high, without keeping it keyed wide open it will hold 235 ATM.

Quiet, easy to run, flawless chem injection, big waste tank. Small footprint, easy to work on. So far its been a dream.

bigboy

Aug 25, 2015
Texas
Real Name
Cody Ford
Big machines dump a lot of water because the 4 cylinder, fuel injected injected engines are programmed to run so hot for the emission rulings (burning any excess fuel).
It's the only way they can keep themselves cooler.
One of my favorite things about the Apex is it doesn't dump water unnecessarily.
I'm no engineer but I'd guess it's because of the 3 cylinder carberated kubota.
They're an excellent engine.

Thanks for all feedback. Ended up getting the Prochem Apex instead of the El Diablo.